Author Topic: American Electric officially discontinues the 115  (Read 1346 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

American Electric officially discontinues the 115 « on: November 29, 2022, 09:32:54 PM » Author: Burrito
Yep. Nothing really to say right now
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 09:01:02 AM by HM1000 » Logged

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 12:12:14 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yep. The NEMA Head Series 11, Contempo Series 245, and the American Revolution Series 247 are all discontinued now. :'(

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 12:36:44 AM » Author: Burrito
:'( I thought the post tops where left alone for now.
But i knew it was coming.
Cooper is now (possibly) the only manufacture left of HID products

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 11:23:53 AM » Author: Lumex120
The 11L and 11PKG aren't marked as discontinued yet, who knows how long that will be for though...

Unofficial LG Discord

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 01:55:38 PM » Author: Burrito
True, hopefully they stay for more than a year!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 03:36:06 PM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder if the places here still spot installing HPS will end up switching to Cooper. As it stands right now, they seem to be using old stock AEL. A 125 went up here the other day. Replaced a M-400R2.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 03:38:14 PM » Author: Burrito
Interesting. But now, I'm sure Cooper is going to go soon

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 03:53:16 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
A large number of street lights were damaged here from hurricane Ian. LCEC must have a large stock of 125's because they're still installing them to replace the damaged lights. I've been watching to see when they start using Coopers again. So far still AEL. I'm excited honestly for them to start using OVF's again. They have been exclusive with AEL for the past 5 years at least.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 03:54:11 PM » Author: Burrito
OVF's are cool! Yeah, American Electric must be a bit cheaper in price than most

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 12:08:24 AM » Author: Econolite03
I hope Cooper quits making the OVH soon so the boneheads at SCE stop using them, I’d rather have a OVF.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 05:09:52 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I'd rather have LED than HID at this point since all of Cooper's HID stuff is crap.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

70HPS

View Posts
View Gallery

sodium lamp

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 07:08:38 PM » Author: 70HPS
yeah Cooper's HID luminiares are rather... flimsy to say the least. Cooper does offer an LED version of the OVF which is nice if you want the aesthetics of HID luminaire design...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 07:12:22 PM by 70HPS » Logged

I like HID, CFLs and incandescents :hps: :cflhd: :a19incan:

Favorite indoor light source: PL Fluorescent (Preferably preheat, maybe rapid start, maybe instant start but instant start is boring)
Favorite outdoor light source: High Pressure Sodium (MV maybe, but HPS is relaxing)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 07:45:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I have a couple of newer Cooper HID luminaires and the housings seen rather fragile to me compared to the modern AEL and GE luminaires. I did not like how the door on my OVF flexed when I latch and unlatch it for example.

IIRC Cooper also had a LED version of the OVH at one point too.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 11:50:40 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
They still have the OVH and OVF in LED.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: American Electric fully discontinues the 115 « Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 08:35:02 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
That’s terrible! I loved the 115s! :'(

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies