Author Topic: Operation of Eltam Perfekt-Start ballast for T12 40W from cold state  (Read 2698 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Operation of Eltam Perfekt-Start ballast for T12 40W from cold state « on: November 30, 2010, 08:42:56 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq7SfcGr998
The lamp that lit is the F40T12 lamp with the Perfekt-Start ballast.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:01:39 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Operation of Eltam rapidstart ballast for T12 40W from cold state « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:33:36 PM » Author: Medved
This look more like programmed start ballast (most electronic starters by their behavior belong here, even when the circuit and separate ballast description say "preheat"): first preheat to visible glow (so significantly higher temperature then needed) and only after some time (when the filament temperature already settled) the ignition.

RS ballasts simply apply across the tube voltage insufficient for cold electrode ignition, but sufficient for hot electrode ignition and let the electrodes heat up. So the lamp ignite at the moment, when the electrode temperature reach exactly the level, when the applied voltage is exactly enough to ignite them. So this happen way sooner, then the filament temperature settle. And as each electrode is different, each of them reach this point at different time, so the turn ON look more like gradual light-up (first the lamp ignite dimly in rectification mode, a bit later to full light). Some electronic starters belong here, as they provide electrode heating and at the same time generate starting pulses - so the lamp ignition moment is, when electrodes just reach required temperature.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Operation of Eltam rapidstart ballast for T12 40W from cold state « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:58:36 AM » Author: dor123
@Medved: This post was also not active for a long time, and during it, i discovered that these >30 years old ballasts aren't rapidstarts but Perfek-Start ballasts.
See here for more information.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies