Author Topic: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA  (Read 2042 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « on: December 05, 2022, 10:22:34 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Can anyone identify the acorn lantern that fell on top of the Toyota Sienna featured in this video?:

https://youtu.be/BzZitICHXc4

It looks like it runs high pressure sodium lamps based on a partially visible barium getter seen through the acorn diffuser. When looking at the thumbnail of this video, it made me laugh as I thought that it was strange seeing a street lantern in a place where it should not be.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 10:38:08 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
It's a GE Americana AM8X.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 02:05:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder how this lantern landed upright when it fell.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 03:00:51 PM » Author: Econolite03
Gravity.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 09:51:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'd guess it was loose to begin with and since the ballast is on the bottom , the fixture landed upright or nearly so when it went thru the window due to it being bottom heavy .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 06:45:28 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
One less ugly Crapota Sienna :P

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 02:59:53 AM » Author: dor123
The Acorn is at the top of the pole and the pole is right. How it can fall and land such on the car?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Post top Acorn lantern falls onto Toyota Sienna in New Jersey, USA « Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 05:50:58 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
That car was likely moved after the fact.  I've worked on a few of these acorn fixtures, and they can be top heavy if it disconnects where the ballast is connected (right below the plastic acorn) it will fall straight down. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies