Author Topic: LED blacklights make my eyes hurt  (Read 681 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
LED blacklights make my eyes hurt « on: December 11, 2022, 03:03:03 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I recently went to a Main Event that had an indoor glow-in-the-dark mini golf course. They were using LED (of course) blacklights which had clearly just recently replaced the old fluorescent ones (the fluorescent fixtures were still hanging, but disconnected). The LEDs made my eyes hurt even when I wasn’t looking at or anywhere near them. Just being in the same room with them made my eyes hurt. The old fluorescent blacklights never did this to me. Has anyone else experienced this? It’s driving me nuts!  @-@
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED blacklights make my eyes hurt « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 11:13:35 AM » Author: marcopete87
Hi, only if i look directly.
Same thing with MV blacklight bulbs.
LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Re: LED blacklights make my eyes hurt « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 09:47:15 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
I just got new glasses with the Transitions lenses and UV light from a blacklight bulb makes them react and turn dark! On the other hand, it's how I know that incandescent "blacklights" pretty much AREN'T UV!...
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED blacklights make my eyes hurt « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 12:17:47 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Unfortunately for me I seem to be coming sensitive  to UV light. It makes all the other colors dull and gross outdoors. My LED balcklight torch looks like bright blue light, when it used to be dimmer and indigo looking.

This is also making mercury based lighting a bitter sweet thing for me. I love the tech but now all I can see is stuff glowing blueleish under a typical  fluorescent tube and I think it's gross because all I see are blues and all else is a yellow lgreen tint.

But no matter what I am dedicated to lighting sp I can deal with it, esp knowing other people won't notice a difference.

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies