Author Topic: Ray Fluorescent's Youtube Channel  (Read 1245 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Ray Fluorescent's Youtube Channel « on: December 12, 2022, 03:16:19 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Ray Harpo is an avid fluorescent lighting collector that had been collecting fluorescent tubes since 1969. In addition, he also collected incandescent lamps since 1956. Because he collected so many lamps for all these years, he apparently has a number of interesting and unusual vintage incandescent lamps and fluorescent tubes that are very hard to come by nowadays.

Here is a link to his youtube channel known as "Ray Fluorescent" if you want to see his fluorescent lamps:

https://www.youtube.com/@rayfluorescent7483/videos

He has so far made 121 videos of his lamps.

On top of that, here is a documentary video about Ray Harpo detailing his experiences with collecting fluorescent lighting in the 1970s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9MGW-tbGc

One of his most notable videos is of an 8 lamp F20T12 preheat fixture that uses colored tubes in each pair of tombstones. Here it is shown below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo5b4Gr_eYk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 04:04:19 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Ray Fluorescent's Youtube Channel « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 02:26:31 PM » Author: funkybulb
 I met him in person,  He got large collection Ive seen in person
And I was there.   And I was a mass about all older stuff that he
Has in his collection,  there bunch of stuff in there  that been out  of production  before my times,  at least I grew up in the
 Blackender westinghouse days.  I took one of those 8 lampers home.  I was first to spot them in fort worth texas,  I was in a bind cause i just purchase 8 mitchel fixtures from San Antonio
Texas.   And ray did awsome job making a once in life time perchase of those 8 lamper.  And I want to thank him for getting
 Them.  So 3 of 8 lamper went off to 3 other collectors including me.  He is still busy collecting bulbs and tubes.  My 8 lamper is undergoing cosmetic resoratation and socket replacement.   Spending hundreds of hours light sanding.  Soon there going be a another ducumentry with ray and other collectors meeting up.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Ray Fluorescent's Youtube Channel « Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 02:27:54 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
This documentary should be posted in this thread.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies