Author Topic: Favorite washing machine?  (Read 1597 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Favorite washing machine? « on: December 14, 2022, 06:52:03 PM » Author: Burrito
Not entirely sure if this has been posted here before.
Anyways, my favorite washing machines are those ones made by Kenmore or the 1950's Frigidaire "Unimatic" washing machines (if you don't know what those are, those are the ones that have it's agitator go up and down instead of side to side).
What are your favorites?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 07:46:26 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Mine would have to be the belt drive Kenmore/Whirlpool machines from the 70s and the direct drive machines made from 1986 until 2011.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 07:47:44 PM » Author: Burrito
Same here! Direct Drive ashing machines are apparently known to last forever, or something?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 07:49:58 PM » Author: Rommie
Any one that doesn't leak  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 07:50:27 PM » Author: Burrito
lol, those too

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 07:50:57 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Yep, I have a Kenmore 80 series from 1994 that has seen 4 times a week usage rate. In that time, all it’s ever needed are new agitator dogs and a new hose for the fill level sensor.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 07:54:43 PM » Author: Burrito
Cool! I had a DD washing machine (Maytag from like the 1990's) and it still worked until i moved out.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 08:32:11 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I'm glad someone finally posted a topic on washing machines!

My favorite is probably the Frigidaire Unimatic from the 1960's. They have a patented pulsating agitator that "jumps" up and down and rather than the conventional rotating agitator. At the time, GM owned Frigidaire and incorporated this technology into their washing machines; GM still owns the patent for this. In 1979, GM sold Frigidaire to the White Sewing Machine Company, then sold again to Electrolux in 1986, who still owns Frigidaire.

1980's Maytags and Speed Queens are cool too.

I absolutely despise the new HE washers. They fail within years of use, they're hard to work on, and they wash very poorly. This is why I chose a Samsung WA45T3200AW to replace our Kenmore front-load from November 2005. Though it is a newer washer with electronics, it gets the job done. Haven't had any problems with it either.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 11:02:39 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #8 on: December 14, 2022, 08:36:04 PM » Author: Burrito
I also really love the Frigidaire Unimatic washers.
I own one of those Amana HE washers but so far, nothings happened to it. If i recall correctly, Whirlpool owns Amana because they do look very similar to ones made by Whirlpool.
I don't like front load washing machines because they're just odd looking but also because i feel that they are to much of a pain to crouch to insert clothes, IMO.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2022, 09:23:29 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Any one that doesn't leak  :mrg:

Dang it, you stole my joke!  :lol:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #10 on: December 14, 2022, 10:04:36 PM » Author: Econolite03
The one photonicinduction destroyed with the brick.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #11 on: December 14, 2022, 10:05:17 PM » Author: Burrito
lol :lol:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #12 on: December 14, 2022, 11:11:28 PM » Author: joseph_125
Still using a Inglis (Whirlpool) direct drive from the early 90s. It needed some work (new lid switch, new tub springs) over the years but has been fairly reliable. I was planning to replace the gearcase oil and change the seals but I'm not sure when I'll have time to.

To be honest, I'm tempted to find another used but newer direct drive if the current one every breaks. Not too interested in the newer HE washers.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #13 on: December 14, 2022, 11:12:26 PM » Author: Burrito
Where these Direct Drive washers banned by any chance?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favorite washing machine? « Reply #14 on: December 15, 2022, 12:06:39 AM » Author: joseph_125
I heard they might have been, it seems they were discontinued after 2010 or so. Fortunately it seems like you can still get OEM parts for them.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies