Author Topic: Lamps destroyed by pets?  (Read 634 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Lamps destroyed by pets? « on: December 16, 2022, 01:53:46 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Has anyone had any lamps that got broken by pets knocking them over including rare lamps?

For example, a used GE 1000w M47 probe start metal halide lamp of mine had gotten broken after my former cat knocked it over.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Lamps destroyed by pets? « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 02:53:36 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Cats are usually graceful?, I had an 18 watt SOX in my windowsill for months, (a blackened one albeit), but both our cats that are upstairs never knocked it out onto the floor?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lamps destroyed by pets? « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 03:15:13 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Don’t know if it counts but one of my other hobbies is insect collecting, and this summer my dog got tangled up in the wires of my blacklight setup and proceeded to smash the thing to pieces AND bust the ballast. Even worse, the entomology shop where i got it from closed last year so I can’t get a replacement.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Lamps destroyed by pets? « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 07:23:45 PM » Author: 108CAM
My dog picked up an incandescent lamp and dropped it without knowing that it would shatter. Thankfully it wasn't a rare or special lamp.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Lamps destroyed by pets? « Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 12:51:49 PM » Author: Molly
One of my cats jumped up on my lizard's enclosure and knocked down my dome fixture and my incandescent basking bulb shattered.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lamps destroyed by pets? « Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 09:27:33 AM » Author: funkybulb

Only thing happened by pet when my mom bought a pack of halogen and her cockatoo knocked it off the table

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies