Author Topic: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!!  (Read 1553 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « on: December 23, 2022, 05:09:36 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Yesterday evening it was 43°f and raining until the cold front arrived around mid-night . I awoke this morning to find the temp to be -3°f with 30mph sustained winds and 50 mph gusts producing a wind chill around -30°f !!!  :poof: :o

I'M DONE WITH WINTER !!  :curse:  Is it spring yet ??   On the bright side , it's supposed to be near 50°f by next weekend !  DID I SAY I HATE WINTER ???

To all other North American members who are dealing with this mess , stay warm , stay safe and STAY INDOORS !! I've spent most of the day camped out on the couch , wrapped in a blanket and covered in cats !  :lol: :cat: :cat: :cat:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 05:44:02 PM » Author: joseph_125
Tell me about it, that sounds exactly like the same mess in Southern Ontario right now including the rain last night.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 05:48:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yep it is f ing cold!
Coldfront came through here wed evening... at 5:55pm it was 41F, 6:48 it was 14F, by 8pm it was 2F (and a overnight low of -9F) ...didn't get above 0F til today where the high was 8!!
I went outside when the coldfront was arriving... you certainly knew when it'd passed by the way the temp dropped!

We only got less than 3" snow as this was a dry cold (pretty typical here when they back in from the northeast), rather than a wet/snowmaker type storm (coming from the west where the closed-low sets up just south of the state-line & grabs moisture from the gulf. Those also are "warmer" & don't involve below-zero temps)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 06:34:40 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yep. Today, everything was covered with ice. A few weeks ago, I lost power for several hours because of the wind.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 09:46:28 PM » Author: Lumex120
Earlier it was down to -10°F by me, and combined with the large amount fresh snow and wind it was literally like a sandstorm but with tiny ice crystals. Not exactly pleasant.

Unofficial LG Discord

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #5 on: December 23, 2022, 10:57:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, it's -12 °C/10.4 °F here now, although with the winds at around 50km/30 mph and the continous snow it feels lot colder than that. Actual snowfall on the ground doesn't seem too bad.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 12:43:30 AM » Author: Bulbman256
It was a bone chilling -6F/-21C down here, I too spent the day wrapped up and far far away from the cold. :P

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #7 on: December 24, 2022, 12:15:53 PM » Author: rjluna2
At my neighbourhood area, it did went down to -13°C!

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 12:51:42 PM » Author: AngryHorse
It’s gone warm here at the minute!  :-\, we need some snow!  :mrg:
Speaking of snow, I’m a big fan of YouTube channel “Bobsdecline”, its lineman blogger Aaron who is a lineman on the east coast of Canada!, and you should see the snow he was walking through the find a downed line at night recently!  :D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #9 on: December 25, 2022, 02:40:01 PM » Author: suzukir122
I absolutely can not put it into words just how much I hate winter. ONLY time I don't mind winter is on Christmas, like today. That's it.
My enthusiastic life involving vehicles, revolves around warmer temps. Warmer temperatures influence me to get out and do stuff. Cold temps
and snow keep me inside... which is one of the worst things for my mental health and depression.
I got the EXACT same weather that @wide-lite mentioned, since I'm not too far from him. IT'S lame. GET this lame WINTER crap OUTTA here!
This is why I want to move more towards the Southwest of the United States. Not LA Cali... been there... more like Texas. Oklahoma... places
that have warmer temps the majority of the winter... and severe thunderstorms.
I'll take that any day compared to this... at least I'd be outside jogging/exercising, or out on the highway on two wheels.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 06:27:04 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Bomb cyclone!, looks nasty  :poof:

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 06:28:25 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, it's -12 °C/10.4 °F here now, although with the winds at around 50km/30 mph and the continous snow it feels lot colder than that. Actual snowfall on the ground doesn't seem too bad.
Awesome photo!  :D

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #12 on: December 26, 2022, 01:07:16 PM » Author: Andy
I absolutely can not put it into words just how much I hate winter. ONLY time I don't mind winter is on Christmas, like today. That's it.
My enthusiastic life involving vehicles, revolves around warmer temps. Warmer temperatures influence me to get out and do stuff. Cold temps
and snow keep me inside... which is one of the worst things for my mental health and depression.
I got the EXACT same weather that @wide-lite mentioned, since I'm not too far from him. IT'S lame. GET this lame WINTER crap OUTTA here!
This is why I want to move more towards the Southwest of the United States. Not LA Cali... been there... more like Texas. Oklahoma... places
that have warmer temps the majority of the winter... and severe thunderstorms.
I'll take that any day compared to this... at least I'd be outside jogging/exercising, or out on the highway on two wheels.

I'm with you on this. I hate Winter too. Cold, dark and wet!
I can just about put up with it until Christmas but here in the UK it feels to me like Winter is half the year.
It's not until after mid April that it starts to feel warm and even then it's not guaranteed.

I'd be quite happy where my cousin lives in Savannah, Georgia which is colder at the moment than usual due to the current weather issue but is normally wonderful most of the year round and would suit me just fine.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 01:32:27 PM » Author: Rommie
It’s gone warm here at the minute!  :-\, we need some snow!  :mrg:
You can keep it, we hate the [censored] stuff  >:(  If we have to go out in it, either I slip and go crash bang owww or the stuff goes down the back of my neck, or both  :curse:

Fortunately, being right on the coast, we don't get too much, but Sammi's mum, who lives about 25 miles inland, was snowed in the other week  :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: It's Freaking COLD !!!!!! « Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 01:41:54 PM » Author: suzukir122
The warm weather here typically stays away until March/April as well, which sucks. 56 degree weather is apparently on it's way towards
new years though, so that'll be expectable for me.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies