Author Topic: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris  (Read 4088 times)
Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips Sl Comfort best bulbs

Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « on: March 28, 2010, 11:28:46 AM » Author: Fox Mantra
I cam across some intresting art video on youtube today with this, as the flourestant bulbs fall out one by one, making the awsome smashing noise. 

Just hope who ever clears it up afterwards were a face mask hehe/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjRPK8evvQ4&feature=related

Techno, Lightning, PS3, Lights, Furry, Random bloke.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:39:27 AM » Author: dor123
I can't find any reason for these fluorscent lamps to be fall down from their fixtures to the floor by themself. I bet that they projected a video of a staged event (Like in science fiction films and similar, judjing also by the very non realistic sound of the smashing of the lamps [Sounds like a bell LOL!!!) and not a real photographed event that actually happened in reality. The only possibility of fluorescent lamps to fall from their fixtures in such a manner is during a violent (>6.5 Mag) earthquake.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:55:10 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:24:01 PM » Author: Medved
I think the sound was authentic (glass has quite low acoustic wave dissipation, so it really act as bell), but the scene is staged. Note, then lamps start to fall from the camera and only way later fall those further away. I guess some thermal-release mechanism was installed there...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:17:56 AM » Author: dor123
At my mother home when i was a child i accidently droped an argon T9 circline fluorescent from its fixture to the floor at my brother room when i held the fixture. The smashing wasn't sounded like the lamps in this projection on the video (Like a bell) but like a regular window smashing.
Also when i was at the junior high school, crazy students sometimes threw stones at the fluorescent lamps and their smashing sounded like a poping of a ballon.
So i bet the sounds of the smashing of the fluorescents in the projection in this video are staged and not a realistic glass smashing sound.
Also not that the lamps aren't flickers at mains voltage at all. I bet also this is because this is a staged event and not because of an electronic ballast or something.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:22:00 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 06:33:00 AM » Author: tmcdllr
Well he says it is "art" so maybe some kind of fluorescent art display exibition. Plus, just when one of the lamps falls out of a fixture you can hear some kind of click noise like they have a solenoid release mechanism. The sounds of them bouncing and smashing on the floor seem authentic as I have dropped these several times and when they bounce they make that sound, in addition, it's a recording so the sound won't be as exact as it would be in person.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:01:06 AM » Author: dor123
tmcdllr: Maybe these lamps use another type of glass that have higher acoustic wave dissipation so why they are sounds like a bell. But i still think the sound in the projection in this movie is staged. Glass has very much less acoustic wave dissipation then metal so there is no reason why these lamps sounds like a bell when they are smashes. Also the recording shouldn't as much makes the sound non realistic. As a child i actually accidently droped an argon T9 circline fluorescent lamp from its fixture to the floor at my brother room when i held the fixture and its smashing sound was not like in this movie (Like a bell), rather just boom and a sound of a regular glass smashing you hear commonly. Also as you can see the lamps are not smashes to small pieces as it should be in reality. These things make me think that the projection was a staged art and even not a photographed projection.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:03:59 AM by dor123 » Logged

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:23 AM » Author: tmcdllr
If you knock two of those lamps together without breaking them they will make that bell like sound, in fact if you take a whole case of those things and shake it pretty good the unbroken tubes clanging together will sound like that. The smashing sound was a little odd but it does seem like the whole thing was staged. Ive banged many of those together accidentally and they do sound like that until they break and of course if they fall and land on an end they wont always smash at first but they will kind of bounce and make that sound.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

Fox Mantra

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips Sl Comfort best bulbs

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:18:46 PM » Author: Fox Mantra
http://audiowalk-ljubljana.com/  << this link is from the video as french art by a lady. 
She set it all up :)  I would of loved to watch that as they fall.

Techno, Lightning, PS3, Lights, Furry, Random bloke.

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Linear fluorescent lamp falling down in Pompidou, Paris « Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 08:21:35 PM » Author: tmcdllr
Me too although I dont understand what the point of this was.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies