Author Topic: a question about pls in foggy weather  (Read 3512 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

a question about pls in foggy weather « on: November 23, 2006, 03:28:15 PM » Author: prawnman88
i have a question since im in the dessert and i never see fog does lps aid in driving durning heavy fog ? better then other light sources ? yellow is the color of fog lamps since it can punch threw for better then white light  maybe one of our european friends has some imput thx guys just curious ???
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a question about pls in foggy weather « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 03:29:15 PM » Author: prawnman88
i ment lps man i have alot of typos :(
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: a question about pls in foggy weather « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:40:53 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Prawnman...you know you can always edit it...no need to repost saying you made a mistake...just simply clikc on modify to fix the typos  :P

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

dp
Re: a question about pls in foggy weather « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 11:42:45 PM » Author: dp
Yep, LPS does punch through foggy weather etc. They are evry clear in the fog as well and that is one of the reasons the streetlighting department I work for still installs them. Because I live in the UK, there are loads of LPS lanterns everywhere. I wonder what the USA would be like if it used LPS on a large scale like the UK ....?
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: a question about pls in foggy weather « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 01:26:25 AM » Author: Silverliner
I suppose the USA is very fussy about color rendering. Many utilities and cities won't install LPS unless there are telescopes nearby. Even GE paid millions of dollars in anti-LPS advertising around 1977-1978. They compared pictures of surroundings lit by LPS and HPS lamps. I gonna say I prefer blue/white light sources for outdoor lighting as well.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a question about pls in foggy weather « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:47:01 AM » Author: prawnman88
plus im sure they had friends in congress paid off also and maybe even some dark sky people wee there ? lol
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies