Author Topic: NOS GE Wall Pack  (Read 1147 times)
GlowInDark

View Posts
View Gallery

NOS GE Wall Pack « on: February 15, 2023, 11:17:12 PM » Author: GlowInDark
Another light followed me home. Best way I can describe it is a wall pack looks brand new. If I deciphered the date code correctly, it is a 1975(?) Mercury vapor 250 watt.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: NOS GE Wall Pack « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 05:48:51 AM » Author: Rommie
Suggest you upload this to the gallery, it will probably get more views there  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: NOS GE Wall Pack « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 07:47:37 PM » Author: BT25
Another light followed me home. Best way I can describe it is a wall pack looks brand new. If I deciphered the date code correctly, it is a 1975(?) Mercury vapor 250 watt.
Looks like a GE WL400, but the back of the housing is different...it might have a different designation.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: NOS GE Wall Pack « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 03:08:08 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Looks like a sign light !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: NOS GE Wall Pack « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 04:35:25 PM » Author: BT25
Yeah, I think you're right.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: NOS GE Wall Pack « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 06:19:34 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Nice.

Is it really a sign light though? It does look light an older Wallighter but I could be wrong about that.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: NOS GE Wall Pack « Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 07:46:05 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
It's definitely an older Wallighter. This luminaire was originally launched in ~1967 and was simply called the Tunnel & Underpass Luminaire; it utilized the rounded housing as shown above. Starting in the early 1970's, it was renamed the Wallighter 250 while still retaining the rounded housing. In the early 1980's, it was renamed again as the WL-400 Wallighter; also, the rounded housing was superceded by the modern square housing. Sometime in the 1990's, it was renamed yet again as the Wallighter 400 with the order code of W4L. It was then discontinued in 2017.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 07:54:37 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies