Author Topic: Glass diffuser lamps  (Read 1111 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Glass diffuser lamps « on: February 19, 2023, 09:28:03 AM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone know when the floor lamps with milk glass diffuser bowls were discontinued?

Someone told me they were still made in the 90s but I’ve never seen any that looked that new.

I did some research at muse technical and looked at some old Sears catalogs there to get an idea.

It looked like they were still selling a 4 socket floor lamp with center diffuser bowl as late as 1971. After that looks like the tole style lamps took over.

Now as far as these lamps with a mogul socket looks like early 60s was the latest that mentioned having one.

Does that sound about right? I’m trying to date some of the ones I have and the 80s and 90s date really threw me off.

I was thinking the ones with stamped bases were later than the ones with the cast ones.

I’m assuming the kind with 4 bulbs but a regular harp mount shade and no diffuser bowl in center came out in the 70s? That kind is still made even now.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies