Author Topic: Larger lamp shades  (Read 464 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Larger lamp shades « on: March 02, 2023, 09:35:01 PM » Author: Cole D.
Does anyone have a good source for larger lamp shades?

I have several 🙄 six way flor lamps now, but don’t really have any shades for them. These are the type with the 3 candle arm sockets around the center socket, so I need a shade with a larger diameter at the bottom, I’d say 19 or 20”?

A lot of the shades just aren’t large enough that I see. They’re also quite expensive in stores and would cost a lot to ship.

I did find a nice one in a liquidation store but it was a little too small.

I really like the fabric panel type shades that take upwards. Especially when lit o like how the seams are darker and the shades have a nice warm glow.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Larger lamp shades « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 09:39:19 PM » Author: sol
I have a couple of shades I ordered from Fenchel Shades. They are very nice, but rather expensive. They are my living-room shades, however. They offer custom made shades, but I have off the shelf ones.

Otherwise, antique stores and used merchandise stores might have what you're after, but you need a good dose of luck sometimes !

I wish you all the best in your search !
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Larger lamp shades « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 09:53:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Check with somewhere like Lowes . I think I got mine from there .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Larger lamp shades « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 10:46:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
I will check. I did buy one at a liquidation store for $5 which I’d seen at Lowes before… it fits but a bit too close to the candle sockets for my liking.

I will check the thrift stores too, I’ll have to bring a tape measure and see if I can find one wide enough.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies