Author Topic: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps?  (Read 1543 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « on: March 05, 2023, 02:25:23 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After doing some research on Japanese light fixtures, I have noticed that many of them use night light lamps in them. Why is this so?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 07:44:11 PM » Author: BT25
Because they like them...

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 11:37:23 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Real question is why not more common here?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 12:36:29 PM » Author: BT25
Panasonic fart fans for the US market have them as an option.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 04:00:50 PM » Author: AZTECH
Because The people Japanese are very afraid of monsters... Anywhere size from Gnome to Godzilla.   :poof:
Miles

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 12:47:50 AM » Author: Miles
A lot of traditional homes often do not have wall switches, and so the overhead pendant is usually controlled with a pull string switch. Since it's in the center of the room, it can be difficult to find it in the dark, and a small night light feature is a plus.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 01:24:03 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I recently imported one of these Japanese pendant fixtures for my collection.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Why do so many Japanese light fixtures use night light lamps? « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 08:36:29 AM » Author: Cole D.
Some of the more expensive Broan and NuTone exhaust fans have a night light feature, although that’s become less common with the move to integrated LEDs.

There were many older table and floor lamps with a night light in the base. Some new ones do too, but the night light is usually an integrated LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies