Author Topic: European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series?  (Read 904 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series? « on: March 08, 2023, 01:44:25 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that it is common in Europe to find 2 lamp 18w T8 preheat fluorescent tube fixtures and 2 lamp 20w T12 preheat fluorescent tube fixtures with both lamps wired in series off a single 36w T8 preheat choke ballast, I am wondering if any 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fluorescent fixtures with both 22w T9 circline lamps wired in series existed in Europe because 22w T9 circline fluorescent lamps are electrically similar to 20w T12 fluorescent tubes and 18w T8 fluorescent tubes?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series? « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 02:42:56 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I dare to guess probably no. For space usage standpoint, it just isn't practical to use to two circular lamp of samesize in one fixture.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series? « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 04:27:57 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In Japan, there are some pendant fixtures that use a pair of same wattage circline lamps stacked on top of each other.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series? « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 05:55:47 PM » Author: joseph_125
I suppose if you stack them, a fixture for dual circlines is only slightly larger than a single lamp fixture. There are some vintage circline fixtures in the US with stacked lamps.

In practice most dual circlines I've seen used two concentric lamps, typically one 22w and 32w or 32w and 40w. I suppose in theory if such a ballast existed, you could run them on series preheat as the rapid start ballasts for those fixtures typically ran the lamps in series.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series? « Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 06:04:10 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Preheat 22w/32w circline fluorescent ballasts also existed in North America too and ran the lamps in series too, but those ballasts are very rare

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European 2 lamp 22w T9 preheat circline fixtures with both lamps in series? « Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 09:50:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ joseph :  I saw a catalog on eBay years ago that had fixtures that used 6 22w Circline lamps stacked . I don't remember the mfg. name though .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies