Author Topic: Info on old streetlight bulb  (Read 2175 times)
alan39

View Posts
View Gallery

Info on old streetlight bulb « on: March 13, 2023, 01:25:18 AM » Author: alan39
Hi

Looking for info on this streetlight bulb. Looked on Google couldn't find one.

Thanks
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 03:05:59 AM » Author: Silverliner
Nice bulb! It is a Radiant 100 watt mercury vapor lamp. Made by the Radiant Lamp Company based in Highstown, NJ. Philips took over the company in the mid 1960s and eventually changed the name to Norelco in the early 1970s. Radiant made among the best quality mercury lamps in those days. They were also known for specialty incandescents such as projection and stage/studio types.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

alan39

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 05:54:39 PM » Author: alan39
Thanks for the great info
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 08:59:46 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Do you plan to sell the thing? Im sure many people on here would be willing to buy it for a good price.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 04:09:57 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
RadiantMV, did you base your LG username off of mercury vapor lamps made by the Radiant lamp company?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 09:39:37 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Funnily enough no, but after finding out about this brand i really want a lamp with my namesake!
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 06:04:55 PM » Author: lights*plus
Just 2 posts from poster. Off to a fine start though with this cute /C 100w.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 01:01:17 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 And he hasn't been back since !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 05:44:20 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That's what happens sometimes, people join to get an answer to a question, have it answered, then just vanish.  ???

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Info on old streetlight bulb « Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 02:48:52 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
These lamps look so cool with that shape of glass envelope. :mvc:

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies