Author Topic: Sylvania Six Footer HO lamps with Deluxe Halophosphate...?  (Read 717 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Sylvania Six Footer HO lamps with Deluxe Halophosphate...? « on: April 11, 2023, 03:34:41 AM » Author: suzukir122
Okay so this one will be one of the more tougher threads for me in terms of describing. Short story:
When I was a kid, outside of a Schnucks grocery store (unfortunately the store got torn down in 2003) had multiple six footer HO fixtures in a row, that had
Sylvania six footer HO lamps. These are the ONLY HO lamps I have ever seen with a color similar to the Feit Electric T12 that I use to own:
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1854&pos=90&pid=83260
The afterglow color was also similar to that Feit Electric T12 as well, but really not much afterglow color at all. Does anyone know of 6ft HO Sylvania lamps
available with this kind of phosphor color? Since I want HO T12 to be my source for up-lighting, I want it to be pleasing to the eyes as well. Daylight
and cool white HO's, which are my favorite, aren't necessarily the best for living room lighting... and although I'll
likely go with cool white HO lamps, I'm not sure about how I'd feel about them when I have friends over, which WILL happen.
Once installed, they stay installed until I move.
Anyways, anyone know of Sylvania, or maybe even other brands that have HO lamps with this kind of phosphorous coating color?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 03:37:13 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dieselbulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Six Footer HO lamps with Deluxe Halophosphate...? « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 08:43:12 PM » Author: dieselbulb
Your pictured F40 is a CWX (Cool White Deluxe), 4100k

Sylvania made what you are looking for, they call it a Designer 4100k. So something like F72T12/D41/HO is what you are looking for. The D35 is also another option for something warmer.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Sylvania Six Footer HO lamps with Deluxe Halophosphate...? « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 09:05:44 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dieselbulb, that's good info. I'll keep this in mind as well. Do you know if there are possible energy saver versions of them available?
I know F72T12 HO lamps should be about 85w, but I know nothing about the supersaver versions. A couple of those F72T12 HO lamps will be energy savers,
but I don't know if they'll have the same color of phosphors.
This is all just an idea though... there is a high chance that I'll be using the typical Cool White Halophosphate lamps instead.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dieselbulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Six Footer HO lamps with Deluxe Halophosphate...? « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 09:24:29 PM » Author: dieselbulb
F72 is the size that wasn't produced in energy saver versions, at least that's what I've observed either in slimline, or HO.

If wanting to save on wattage you could step down from HO to Slimline which is 55 watts for an F72 plus ballast losses.

Beyond finding NOS of the lamps mentioned, the standard Halo CW will be your easiest to maintain.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Sylvania Six Footer HO lamps with Deluxe Halophosphate...? « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 09:48:29 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dieselbulb, as much as I really like the magnetic Slimline Instant Start, I like the magnetic HO Rapid Start far better in terms of start up flicker and
brightness. So I'll definitely be sticking with the HO fixtures, even if all lamps are full wattage. I'll be making another thread soon about it
though, just incase there are such thing as F72T12 energy saver HO lamps.
I'm also toying with the idea of having different brand cool white lamps in each fixture: one fixture Philips, another GE, another Sylvania... etc.  :lol:

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies