Author Topic: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market  (Read 1163 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « on: April 13, 2023, 05:45:40 AM » Author: High Intensity
https://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/consumer/ultra-efficient

These LED bulbs seem to be a US-market version of their Dubai lamps, they only list three varieties so far, those varieties being:

A 60w eq A19 LED filament bulb with a lumen output of 810 while using only 4.5w, with a lumen efficiency of 180.

A 100w eq A21 LED filament bulb with a lumen output of 1540 while only using 8.5, with a lumen efficiency of 181.

A 65w eq BR30 LED bulb with a lumen output of 650 while only using 4.5w, with a lumen efficiency of 144.

All three vanities are available in two colors, soft white (3000K), and daylight (5000K, 6500K for the BR30 LED). The 60w eq A19 LEDs start at $10 for one, or $17 for a two-pack. The 65w eq BR30 at $11 for one, and the 100w eq A21 at $15 for one.
RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 09:26:02 AM » Author: RRK
Specs looks impressive, though statements like 'Average life (at 2.7 hrs/day) 51  year(s)' draw some suspicion...

Interestingly, these are in consumer part of the catalog, but not in the professional, where more regular variants with ~100 lpw efficiency are listed.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 09:32:52 AM » Author: dor123
I doubt if they really have these lumen efficacy figures. The Dubai lamp was a BS fraud.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 01:25:19 PM » Author: AngryHorse
The 4.5 watt is interesting?, we sort of already have this here, the 4 watt filament clear candle lamps that are made by Super Trend (branded DIALL) in the UK are given as 450 lumens, but run one next to a genuine 60 watt GLS lamp and you can hardly tell the difference!
I’ve got two running in my coach lights in the garden and their just as bright as the 8 watt SMT versions that were in there before them!
This is one of them and it’s only 4 watts!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 03:36:18 PM » Author: Alex
Hello Dor,
What do you mean by the dubai lamp was a BS fraud? Can you proove that to me?

Regarding the US lamps, I think the european versions and the original dubai lamps are higher in efficinecy, but I will recheck my literature.
Regarding the advertised life, im curios about that. I know James did some testing and the original dubai lamps performed very good.
The high efficiency is achieved by not loading the leds as much as in general lamps and an improved phosphor blend. (Stark simplification) So indeed the LEDs should last longer due to less thermal stress. If it will be enough to achieve the 50 plus years advertised I do not know.

Best regards,

Alex

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10613.0

Glück auf ⚒️

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 04:09:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, it would be nice to see something to back that claim up, otherwise I'm guessing it's just your opinion that you made up.

It's interesting to see 120v versions get introduced. I wonder if they'll show up in Canada too, most but not all lamps bound for the US market eventually get sold in Canada. Another foreign lamp that I want to see get introduced here are the Trueforce Corepro LED HPL lamps. They look a lot better than the corncob HID retrofit lamps used here.
RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 08:33:12 PM » Author: RRK
The problem is that one needs a time machine to back up their claims ;)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 10:01:09 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
https://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/consumer/ultra-efficient

These LED bulbs seem to be a US-market version of their Dubai lamps, they only list three varieties so far, those varieties being:

A 60w eq A19 LED filament bulb with a lumen output of 810 while using only 4.5w, with a lumen efficiency of 180.

A 100w eq A21 LED filament bulb with a lumen output of 1540 while only using 8.5, with a lumen efficiency of 181.

A 65w eq BR30 LED bulb with a lumen output of 650 while only using 4.5w, with a lumen efficiency of 144.

All three vanities are available in two colors, soft white (3000K), and daylight (5000K, 6500K for the BR30 LED). The 60w eq A19 LEDs start at $10 for one, or $17 for a two-pack. The 65w eq BR30 at $11 for one, and the 100w eq A21 at $15 for one.

Before I have known about these LED lamps, the most efficient LED screw in lamps had an efficacy of up to just 120 to 130 LPW at the highest.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 06:16:22 AM » Author: dor123
I've found a Youtube video of someone who explain how the Dubai LED filament lamps are so efficient: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klaJqofCsu4
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:14:31 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 11:35:28 AM » Author: Andy
I recently obtained the European version of the Philips Ultra Efficient LED lamp.
This one has a lumen efficiency of 210 lumens per watt.
I will upload a photo of it shortly.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 12:27:07 PM » Author: RRK
Philips probably is bragging a bit. If I remember correctly, a theoretical lpw for 100% efficient monochromatic green lamp at maximum eye sensitivity is about 683 lpw. For a balanced white light the figure for 100% efficient source was just around 200 lpw. (it is now stated 400lpw, probably with some CRI degraded, 251 lpw for truncated 5800K blackbody)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 12:35:03 PM by RRK » Logged
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #11 on: April 15, 2023, 05:40:08 AM » Author: Econolite03
I seriously wouldn’t mind purchasing one to do some tests with it to check their performance. I’m curious to if these will eventually become the default standard for Philips LEDs if the launch goes well.

Now on Linktree

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips Releases 'Ultra Efficient' LEDs for the US Market « Reply #12 on: April 15, 2023, 11:15:48 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'd try one of the 100w in one of my outside lights . See how it performs running D2D .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies