Author Topic: Strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp  (Read 1589 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp « on: April 20, 2023, 09:09:59 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While browsing lighting videos on youtube, I found this video that features a very strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp that has the silvered reflector on the front face instead of the sides, which makes it seem like a reflector lamp for low glare applications requiring mercury vapor lamps.

Here is a link to the video shown below:

https://youtu.be/EtDyqFpJYio

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 09:48:17 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Similar concept to BT25's 250w Venture PSMH : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7419&pos=15&pid=187066

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: Strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 11:24:07 PM » Author: Olav
Hello Tim,

an interesting variant of the HQL/R type from OSRAM. I've never seen a lamp like this before, and I didn't even know it existed.  I'm surprised that this post has hardly had any comments so far.  It is not (yet) clear to me for what purpose this variant was used.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 05:54:57 PM » Author: James
A most unusual design, I have also never come across such a type before.  It may have been unique to Osram Brasil.  It would be logical that it formed a very low glare lamp for high bay luminaires. 

About 30 years ago when the sudden acceleration of Chinese-made lamps began, I remember seeing similar types at Osram-GEC’s factory at Wembley.  They had sent drawings to a Chinese supplier to produce incandescent reflector photoflood reflector lamps.  The factory completely misunderstood the drawings, failing to appreciate that the ‘partially aluminised bulb’ meant that if should be coated on the parabolic rear surface.  They supplied samples just like this lamp with aluminium reflector over the front face, which caused quite some amusement and frustration of communication as the GEC engineers tried to explain that the aluminised and clear areas should be inverted!
Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Strange Osram mercury vapor reflector lamp « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 11:36:06 PM » Author: Richmond2000
my grand father had a bedside lamp that used a bulb with the top 1/2 mirror like this BUT was a round bulb and totally exposed with NO shade at all the the chrome was the shade
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies