Author Topic: 175 watt MV Cap  (Read 687 times)
GE PM

View Posts
View Gallery

Ge Post Mount

175 watt MV Cap « on: April 22, 2023, 06:59:50 PM » Author: GE PM
I have a 277-volt fixture that GE put a multi-volt ballast. will I have to change the cap in line with the socket to make it work properly, or can I leave it how it is? Merc reg.

Collector of all things GE! Except for LEDs.
Utility Company: SCE

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 175 watt MV Cap « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 07:01:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Can’t really understand what you are trying to do. Are you looking at the idea of replacing the 277v ballast with a multi volt ballast?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 175 watt MV Cap « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 08:02:47 PM » Author: joseph_125
So my understanding is that you want to run a 277v multi volt fixture on 120v correct?

That's really easy on modern GEs, all you need to do is to change the Faston connector on the ballast primary from the "277v" position to the "120v" position. On modern OEM GE gear, it's typically a blue plastic Faston connector. No need to replace the capacitor in line with the socket.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: 175 watt MV Cap « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 11:34:43 PM » Author: BT25
What Joseph_125 said is correct...you shouldn't have any problems.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies