Author Topic: 11W Candle BC Bulbs  (Read 1762 times)
Distorted Vision

View Posts
View Gallery

11W Candle BC Bulbs « on: April 16, 2010, 04:29:26 PM » Author: Distorted Vision
Hi,

I'm looking to replace the bulbs in the fittings in our lounge and dining room. They take 60W candle BC (B22) bulbs. I am looking to replace them with 11W CFLs. The only ones that I can found are Eveready ones:

http://www.evereadylightbulbs.co.uk/product_details.asp?pid=41

Eveready aren't really well known for light bulbs here in the UK. I think the brand name for batteries has disappeared now and has been replaced by Energiser. Anyway, I was wondering if they were reasonable quality. Or if anyone can suggest some other brands who make suitable bulbs. I need a total of 16 so don't want to buy poor quality ones.

Many thanks!
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 11W Candle BC Bulbs « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:40:03 PM » Author: sparkie
I have an Eveready 'golf ball' CFL, it is good quality. Can't say much about it's life span though, only that I got it in January and it still works now, 3 months later.
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 11W Candle BC Bulbs « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:46:27 AM » Author: SeanB~1
They are a rebadged Chinese lamp, and will probably have the same life as any other Chinese lamp. If you can get them for around 3 times the price of the incandescent then buy them, they are generally a cheap lamp, here costing around 1 GBP each, at the wholesale level.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies