Author Topic: Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware?  (Read 526 times)
LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Street luminaire collector of any kind.

Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware? « on: May 12, 2023, 10:57:02 AM » Author: LightDragon
So for anyone here who has the 1960s m250 crimefighter with the glass lens, does it say GE on the glassware anywhere? I'm trying to build one for YouTube and I'm trying to gather all the parts to build one of my very own.

I am a Cooper OVD fan! Also mercury vapor is the best light there is...

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware? « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 02:32:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
No GE markings on mine. Mine uses the same glass (Holophane 4525) as the Holophane RSL 200 fixtures.

I'd keep an eye on listings on FB Marketplace and Kijiji around Ontario too. Complete ones from that era sometimes show up for sale as they were sold to the public in Canada as yardlights back in the day.
LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware? « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 02:34:14 PM » Author: LightDragon
Having time off to go to one is the challenge. If anyone does happen to find one they may need to buy it for me until I can come get it and pay fir it. :-\ that's why I'm trying to see if I can make on up.

LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware? « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 02:34:45 PM » Author: LightDragon
Does anyone else have a crimefighter that says ge on the glassware?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware? « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 04:49:08 PM » Author: joseph_125
Could try getting into contact with the owner of this site. There's a Crimefighter (although with a plastic lens) listed on it. Most of the Crimefighters I've seen use the Holophane glass so that could very well be the OEM glass that GE used.

http://z-mods.com/forsale.html
LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does is say GE on the crimefighter glassware? « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 05:19:43 PM » Author: LightDragon
That's Steve Zalimas. I reached out to him on Facebook.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies