Author Topic: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp  (Read 684 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « on: June 02, 2023, 12:35:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I kind of want to acquire a Glow bottle ignited HPS retrofit lamp, these are not readily available in the United States for likely voltage related reasons. But I would really like to see one in action. Preferably the lamp would be new I'm not too fussed on the wattage since I imagine any of the wattages will be a challenge to get working on whatever ballast concoction I'll have to whip up  :lol:.

I could buy or trade. Depending on what someone would want in trade.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 04:08:27 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a clear Philips Retrolux 360w high pressure sodium retrofit lamp:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153134442667

These lamps do feature glowbottle starters, but they are intended for the North American market.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 04:41:26 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
While that is a cool lamp. I'm not really sure if that's a reasonable price for it? I've noticed Idoovad over priced alot of things.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 11:49:37 AM » Author: joseph_125
Could get one of these instead. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281844209872
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 11:59:29 AM » Author: BT25
While that is a cool lamp. I'm not really sure if that's a reasonable price for it? I've noticed Idoovad over priced alot of things.
Yes, he's good at that. I only buy from him if he's got the parts I need, and as a last resort... ::)

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 01:11:33 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Could get one of these instead. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281844209872

These are not intended as a retrofit lamp, but they can be run on 70w M98 pulse start metal halide ballasts with the ignitor removed.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Clear European Glow bottle start HPS retrofit lamp « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 01:28:07 PM » Author: joseph_125
These are not intended as a retrofit lamp, but they can be run on 70w M98 pulse start metal halide ballasts with the ignitor removed.

Yes that is true but if he thinks the price of a retrofit lamp is too expensive, that could be a cheap option since he's gonna have to figure a ballast arrangement to run it with.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies