Author Topic: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!)  (Read 49432 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #150 on: November 04, 2018, 06:52:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I just remembered a really extraordinary one. 

A house I'm moving into in January was built at several different times, and the detached garage was added much later.  The garage has never been finished but Mr. Handy Previous Homeowner had run power out there for the garage door openers and outlets for car engine block heaters.  The source of this power? 12/3 yellow Romex stapled to drywall and painted over in the mud room of the house, run down a trimless/unfinished door jamb in front of door hinges, then out under the hinge side corner of the lesser used side of a pair of double French doors! ::) It then goes through a crack in the deck, where it runs along the ground and into some PVC pipe and into the garage.  Oh, so code-worthy, when two minutes with a drill through even a wood-frame basement window right adjacent to it would have made so much more sense. 

Every time I go in and out of that door working on the place I look at it and scratch my head.  I've done my fair of less than code compliant ones, but this one seems especially noteworthy.  Yes, through a door jamb, of a door that will invariably be opened and closed at times.  (At least the less used side of the pair of French doors).
I do hope that one of the first jobs you do is to put that right.  ::)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #151 on: November 08, 2018, 04:13:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I was using a set of step ladders without opening them up and they slipped, resulting in me ending up bashing my upper lip off a cupboard. Ouch!! :o

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #152 on: January 02, 2020, 02:28:49 PM » Author: Rommie
Spent ridiculously large amounts of money on lamps..! Over the past couple of months I think we must have splashed out over £500 between us  ::) :o  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #153 on: January 02, 2020, 07:55:00 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Been there, done that, more than I care to admit!  ::)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #154 on: January 02, 2020, 10:07:57 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Stupid things I've seen : The entire second floor of my house is wired with SCRAPS ! My favorite is the wire that was too short and was extended with a short piece of wire connected with wire nuts inside the wall !!! All of the switch boxes have the neutrals and grounds joined OUTSIDE THE BOX !!!  I'm posting pics in my "WHAT THE ....." album in my gallery .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #155 on: January 02, 2020, 10:52:23 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Fortunately no aluminum YET ! Just posted photos .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #156 on: January 10, 2020, 09:05:30 PM » Author: rlshieldjr
How about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLX8jm_M1g
  And I thought the guys popping tubes in "40 Year Old Virgin" was crazy. Although I wonder if the studio used fake tubes without mercury.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies