Author Topic: Is it safe to run a Merc on a PSMH?  (Read 495 times)
Seth11

View Posts
View Gallery

13 watt Color CFLs!

Is it safe to run a Merc on a PSMH? « on: June 24, 2023, 08:09:04 PM » Author: Seth11
I am wondering if it’s ok to run a Merc on a PSMH ballast and if it will shorten the life of the ballast if I disconnect the igniter. I was told it would but I doubt that but I am still worried if it would. Any input will be appreciated!  :mv:

Say NO to LEDS!!

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Is it safe to run a Merc on a PSMH? « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 02:03:13 AM » Author: RRK
Disconnecting the ignitor could not shorten the life of the ballast, in fact the effect is opposite as for most popular parallel/semi-parallel circuits ballast windings would not be stressed by ignition pulses. Ballast/lamp combination must be electrically compatible, of course.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is it safe to run a Merc on a PSMH? « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 04:41:57 AM » Author: dor123
You can run a 100W MV lamp on an M98 ballast with the ignitor, of course, disconnected. The ignitor may short the lamp life and may strike a discharge in the outerbulb if connected.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies