Author Topic: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights  (Read 784 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « on: July 09, 2023, 10:56:47 AM » Author: rjluna2
Yesterday there was a segment about the Atlanta Motor Speedway lighting system from WSB-TV news.  The reporter showed us the big 1500 Watts MH BT-56 bulb with arc tube in 45 degree angle with matte black dome.  Has anyone seen such specimen in the wild?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 02:35:31 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/henry-county/nascar-returns-atlanta-motor-speedway-under-lights/2OOFMQJNRNAFVLN7KWKXYALIHU/

I've never seen them like that before.  I'd assume it's to help cut the glare ?  I used to go to the spring race at AMS for close to 20 years . I quit going when they moved the date to latter in the season .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:10:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
The closest I've seen are these which were located in a park but were also built by Musco. Interestingly the lamps are slightly different too in regards to the shape and location of the black paint on the lamp.

I suppose the base luminaire for these is pretty customizable and are build to order. In my example, a few had the external glare control baffle and one has different reflector inserts. Finally one has fully clear lamp, although that might have been a spot replacement. 
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 10:15:32 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I did notice that the ones in the video I linked don't look to have the entire top coated . I wonder if they custom make the lamps specifically for different applications ?

I've seen ones like in your link at a local go cart track . 

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 11:39:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder too, and how many variations of those Z framed MH lamps existed.

Unfortunately it seems like all the details on the MH systems had been purged from Musco's website.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 12:03:11 AM by joseph_125 » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 11:44:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I wonder where the speedway gets their lamps , ballasts , etc. ??

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 12:28:27 AM » Author: joseph_125
Apparently Musco sells replacement parts directly and also service agreements. I suppose there might also be non OEM lamps. Ballasts you can probably just use any core and coil kit IMO.

https://www.musco.com/replacement-parts/
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 12:35:17 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Makes sense !

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 10:46:02 AM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks for the video link, wide-lite 1000 :)

Joe, looks like half coated matte black on the top of the bulb ???
Also, thanks for the light fixture link here as well, Joe :) I can see that it has the same light bulb as shown at the video presentation as well.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Floodlights « Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 07:34:59 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 No problem !

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies