Author Topic: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using  (Read 738 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « on: July 14, 2023, 11:16:30 AM » Author: HIDLad001
I want to convert a wallpack to SOX, but I got into this hobby late, and I am priced out as far as SOX lamps go. If I was going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on SOX lamps, I would keep them for my collection and not want to use them, even though they aren’t rare per se. I can buy weird mercury vapor lamps that haven’t been made since the 1970s for less than the price of a common SOX lamp.
Does anybody have any cheap or used SOX lamps they could sell to me?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 11:19:53 AM by HIDLad001 » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 09:28:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
They're sold on Alibaba for a relatively cheap price.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 10:13:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the Alibaba lamps are fairly reasonable, and probably cheaper what Philips SOX lamps cost here when they were still in production. I do wonder what the all in cost is after shipping. Anyone in the US or Canada had experience ordering them?

I know in the UK where SOX was more prevalent, there are eBay sellers and companies that imported the lamps in bulk to sell locally on eBay, etc but I don't think I've someone here do it.
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 09:21:36 AM » Author: HIDLad001
Since Alibaba is a wholesale site that is usually for buying cheap items in large quantities, would I go about getting just one or two lamps by "ordering a sample"?

Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 04:27:25 PM » Author: Econolite03
I have no experience buying from Alibaba so I can’t say much.

There is a member selling used Philips SOX-E 26W lamps on eBay for $60 each with free shipping. That is currently the lowest priced option on the site, especially if your looking for a genuine Philips.

Now on Linktree

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 06:32:42 PM » Author: HIDLad001
When I am a bit older and have a job, I might order a sizeable amount of those Chinese SOX lamps and sell them on eBay for reasonable prices (under $30) to try to get the prices for SOX lamps back to normal again.

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Wanted: SOX lamps I won’t feel guilty about using « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 06:57:24 PM » Author: Richmond2000
Since Alibaba is a wholesale site that is usually for buying cheap items in large quantities, would I go about getting just one or two lamps by "ordering a sample"?
I have bought from ALIBABA and it is VERY different from AMAZON/EBAY in the fact that you are dealing with the VENDER DIRECTLY with ALI being a "service provider" / "gateway"
the listings show "MOQ" that is the number you NEED to order
you will then CONTACT the seller and "negotiate" the price and terms a LOT like a business to business transaction
it is NOT quick but the seller I worked with did everything to help facilitate the transaction
it will take a few DAYS to get the sale done as time zones and direct communication with seller
also be prepared to install messaging apps on your phone as E mail / TXT is NOT DONE in Asia
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies