Author Topic: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc)  (Read 1321 times)
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « on: July 15, 2023, 04:13:57 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
1st: Philips SL*
2nd: Osram HQI-BT 400W/D
3rd: Philips MHN-TD 70W
4th: Philips MH-T Artcolor

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 12:21:31 AM » Author: RRK
Well. That's tough. My current love affair is with different colored MH lamps of multiple makes and shapes and powers. Never cease to impress with their color combinations when running up and steady lit. They are simply addictive ;D . SDW-T and SDW-TG white sodium lamps are cool for sure and I like that red-rich light. Good old classic Philips CDM with /942 color set the standard 25+ years ago and is probably not bettered even today. Neon sign tubes are just unlimited field for creativity... Small cute deluxe mercury bulbs are a perpetual love, too... 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 12:30:25 AM by RRK » Logged
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 09:30:57 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Unfortunately, I have not seen SDW white sodium lamps with my own eyes. :'(

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 02:38:19 AM » Author: AngryHorse
That is a tough one?, I favoured whatever I was using at the time, but of all the lamps I’ve used, the one I have always come back to is the lighting industry changing electronic CFL  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 07:32:22 AM » Author: rjluna2
My favorite are these C7 Christmas/Night/Indicators Light Bulbs :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 05:31:04 PM » Author: James
Perhaps my preference will not be popular, but I have to go for gas-cooled LED filament lamps!

Their insanely high luminous efficacy tops all traditional lamps and traditional LEDs, the colour rendering properties are truly outstanding when well engineered, the light distribution is omnidirectional, their lifetime reliability is unparalleled, the appearance matches my preference for how a lamp should look - and when they fail, they are easy to replace without having to throw away the luminaire.  During the past decade it was a shame to see so many traditional lamp designs disappearing, but the invention of LED filaments in gasfilled bulbs has the potential to keep at least some of their formats alive.  Whether one wishes to replicate the properties of incandescent GLS, halogen spotlights, linear fluorescents, or large-envelope HID lamps in the lower wattages, LED filaments are doing a rather good job.

If I had to choose some traditional lamps as well, it would be SOX because my first job was involved in their engineering, self-ballasted mercury because of the fiercely complex interactions between the filament and arc tube which makes their design optimisation so complex, and short arc metal halides because I love the advanced chemistry that governs their performance at such high temperatures and pressures.  But aside from lamps I also like designing mechanised production processes, and then I would have to add GLS and LFL because there is almost nothing in the world that beats the mechanical beauty of the high speed machinery required for their cost-efficient mass production.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 02:50:30 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, I would agree here, they would be my second choice, invented by the Japanese and then perfected by the Chinese, the micro engineering that goes into LED filament lamps is really impressive!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 05:22:13 PM » Author: Beta 5
My favourite would have to be the linear fluorescent lamp, the huge range of control gear, luminaires, colours and applications they found in their prime was quite impressive.
You would struggle to find anywhere that didn't use them at one point: shops, offices, factories, warehouses, schools, buses, trains, RV's, ships, planes, homes and garages to name a few, and then the different varieties that were used in those applications with T5 short, T8 and T12 in triphosphor and halophosphor and then T5 HE/HO featuring later on.

The external ballasted CFL (2D, TC-S, TC-D, TC-T & TC-L etc.) comes a close second place, with all of the new luminaire designs they allowed where LFL could not be used, giving fluorescent even more uses in more decorative luminaires and security lighting.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

VPL

View Posts
View Gallery
VPL come from my name, not english accronym :)

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 04:57:28 AM » Author: VPL
My set: SDW-T, SDW-TG, CDM WARM, COB LED and other technologies too.

VPL come from my name, not english accronym :)

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 10:51:12 AM » Author: HIDLad001
I don't really have a favorite. All I care about is if the lamp works well, lasts a long time, and doesn't use way too much power.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #10 on: October 06, 2023, 07:34:46 PM » Author: Rommie
LPS all the way, I love them all, particularly linear SLI/H lamps. Their start-up colour is out of this world :sli:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 08:09:06 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
For me, my favorite light sources are non-integrated CFL lamps, bipin and RDC base linear fluorescent tubes, circline fluorescent lamps, mercury vapor, high pressure sodium, metal halide (quartz and ceramic), and low pressure sodium lamps (SOX, SLI/H, SO/H, and SOI/H).

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 11:40:56 PM » Author: Robotjulep
I like any gas-discharge or incandescent lamps. Mainly High Pressure Sodium, Low Pressure Sodium, Coated Mercury Vapor, and Ceramic metal halides.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Your favorite lamp model(Such as bulbs, tubes, etc) « Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 07:50:58 PM » Author: Richmond2000
for me it is MORE the "use" and the "space" it is in
but to answer the question Discharge HID lamps like SON and MV/MH - I am fascinated by the "new- high tech" lamps that got snuffed out by the L*D like induction and white SON and Metropolis lights
LOVE the classics like SOX and incandescent
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies