Author Topic: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros  (Read 672 times)
Lamp_o_watcher

View Posts
View Gallery

We are the Sultans... We are the Sultans Of Swing!

Nido's Hardwar3 @Lamp_o_watcher
Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « on: July 23, 2023, 06:42:48 PM » Author: Lamp_o_watcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLfQf303Jdw

At around the ~5 Minute mark we can see 3 running fluorescent lamps. This gas station has been abandoned since the 70s/80s, meaning these lamps have been running for the better part of AT LEAST 40 years. This may *possibly* be the world record, if these lamps were not turned on by some random person who was exploring the place.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:32:05 PM by Lamp_o_watcher » Logged

You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 07:55:27 PM » Author: Rommie
The registration plates he found had expired in 1991/92, so someone was there at that time.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lamp_o_watcher

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 11:01:22 PM » Author: Lamp_o_watcher
It could be that the owner of the plates bought extra time for the tag, altho idk if that is a thing in the US, it is a thing here in SA.

If you dont know, basically, a person would pay a fee to the traffic police (our DMV equivalent) and the plates would expire 10 years after the last renewal (instead of 5)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 11:08:39 PM by Lamp_o_watcher » Logged

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 04:43:09 AM » Author: dor123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLfQf303Jdw

At around the ~5 Minute mark we can see 3 running fluorescent lamps. This gas station has been abandoned since the 70s/80s, meaning these lamps have been running for the better part of AT LEAST 40 years! This may *possibly* be the world record, if these lamp were not turned on by some random person who was exploring the place.
The fact that this place abandoned since the 70s/80s, don't meaning that the lighting remained on.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 09:06:02 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Exactly, which is why he said 'possibly' and didn't make a sweeping statement of 'fact'.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 06:10:09 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'm gonna say that someone owns that station and still uses it as a personal workshop/storage !  There's NO WAY the power's been on for 30 yrs. or more without someone paying the bill . It's definitely NOT abandoned and the guy filming the video and pillageing around through everything was trespassing .  When you're out in the middle of nowhere like that station is , you don't need to worry about securing anything as no one is around to steal/vandalize anything .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2023, 06:31:56 PM » Author: joseph_125
That was what I was wondering too. There has to be someone paying for the electricity. That said I think if the owner were to sell off some of the stuff like the old gas pumps or the coke machine he's probably make some money selling that stuff off. 
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 06:37:07 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I've been to that part of the country and I can say that rubber items don't typically fair too well when left outside . So , since there's also pumps inside , I'd say that someone's using the place for storage . There also looked to be very little dust settled on everything . Plus , at the end of the video there's a quick glimpse of a case of fluorescent tubes right by the door as the guy went back out .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Lamp_o_watcher

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video containing the possible world record holder for Longest running fluoros « Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 07:36:01 PM » Author: Lamp_o_watcher
Yeah same story here in KSA, anything made of plastic/rubber becomes dust after 5 or so years.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies