Author Topic: Last chance for the incandecent....  (Read 813 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Last chance for the incandecent.... « on: July 30, 2023, 09:24:00 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey all,

Just reminding the Americans that tomorrow is the last day you can legally buy a medium based incandescent or CFL lamp in firsthand retail stores before the ban at the start of August. Go ahead and get one last pack of halogens or your choice of tungsten for the road for me. I'll be searching around tomorrow for one. :-\

-Mad Max

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 11:58:01 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I don't care for new incandescents and CFLs, but I might just go and pick one up before they dissappear from store shelves...

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 12:20:08 AM » Author: joseph_125
I feel the same as LightsoftheWest but I might also pick up a pack even though they're not getting banned as soon in Canada.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 12:46:48 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Welp , We'll see just how many disappear . Both Home Repo and Menards had full shelves as of today as did my grocery store on Friday .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 01:08:21 AM » Author: Bulbman256
My HD got rid of them last month, not sure about my Menards. Will have to check tomorrow.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 03:09:31 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got my last pack from an independent true value. I am going to keep these since no once seems to collect modern incandescent lamps.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 07:19:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
They're technically not banned in Canada but I'm gonna guess they'll follow suit so I went to RONA today to see what they had and I picked up these guys. They were marked down so I decided to get both packs.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 07:54:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Incandecent..? (I have a screen grab  :mrg:)

They've been banned here for years, but you can still find them around. We've got enough to keep us going for the next 30 years, anyway  :bulbman:

Edit 02/08/23 - Spelling mistake (mine not yours, Max  :lol:)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 09:02:42 AM by Rommie » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 05:15:22 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Hey all,

Just reminding the Americans that tomorrow is the last day you can legally buy a medium based incandescent or CFL lamp in firsthand retail stores before the ban at the start of August. Go ahead and get one last pack of halogens or your choice of tungsten for the road for me. I'll be searching around tomorrow for one. :-\

-Mad Max
Sadly, China banned the production and sale of incandescent lamps in October 2016, but there are still some small factories that are still secretly producing and there are still many online and offline stores that still sell incandescent lamp stocks.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 05:17:26 AM by bulb_tester2009 » Logged

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 02:54:45 PM » Author: Lcubed3
Just reminding the Americans that tomorrow is the last day you can legally buy a medium based incandescent or CFL lamp in firsthand retail stores before the ban at the start of August.

CFLs are exempted. They will still be around, unless your state bans fluorescent lamps.

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 03:51:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
You can't have lampses that contain MERCURY in them.! :o @-@ :poof:
If you break one you'll have to evacuate the entire city and call out the Haz Mat team...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Last chance for the incandecent.... « Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 01:00:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Read what's been said, it only concerns lamps being placed on the market, ones already in the supply pipeline shouldn't be affected.  :wndr:
But some over zealous shops may see it as a blanket ban...  :curse: :police:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies