Author Topic: Wanted: European HPL (not HPL-N) mercury lamps and heat resistant purple lacquer  (Read 692 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Wanted: European HPL (not HPL-N) mercury lamps and heat resistant purple lacquer « on: July 31, 2023, 07:16:35 AM » Author: HIDLad001
I think you know what I want to make.  8;)

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: European HPL (not HPL-N) mercury lamps and heat resistant purple lacquer « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 09:59:22 AM » Author: RadiantMV
North American /C lamps are just as rare as the European HPLs so if you’re planning to make an /X those would work just as well.

Also Radium in Germany made actual /X bulbs, apparently up to 2000 watts  :poof:
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Wanted: European HPL (not HPL-N) mercury lamps and heat resistant purple lacquer « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 10:09:59 AM » Author: HIDLad001
North American /C lamps are just as rare as the European HPLs
I thought that they would be more common. I guess North American ones would be better suited to the task because I wouldn't have to import them from halfway across the world and find control gear to run them on.

Also Radium in Germany made actual /X bulbs, apparently up to 2000 watts  :poof:
:poof:

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: European HPL (not HPL-N) mercury lamps and heat resistant purple lacquer « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 04:42:15 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
An important fact to know about foreign mercury vapor lamps in general is that almost all 250w and 400w mercury vapor lamps are electrically interchangeable with each other across the same wattage no matter where they are marketed to.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies