Author Topic: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp  (Read 1093 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « on: August 08, 2023, 08:56:50 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I have lately been fascinated with the short but thick F14T12 fluorescent lamp, and I want to find a good rapid start ballast for it.
The reason why I want a rapid start ballast and not a preheat ballast is because preheat wears out the electrodes more, and I want the filaments to constantly be heated.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 11:25:13 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is one from Universal if you want one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126040796051

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 04:42:52 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Another thing that you can do to make fluorescent tubes last longer on 120V series choke preheat ballasts is to use European electronic pulse starters such as the Arlen EFS120 pulse starters or the Philips S2-E pulse starters instead of conventional glowbottle starters. Alternatively, you could also use Japanese FE1P standard 2 pin or FE1E E17 intermediate base electronic pulse starters too.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 11:07:09 AM » Author: HIDLad001
I prefer rapid start (or in this case, trigger start) because the cathodes are heated all of the time and never run cold. I also found a nice HPF ballast here that will probably cost less that one of those Arlen PulseStarters.

Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 11:08:00 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Did you check out the link I posted?

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 11:50:51 AM » Author: HIDLad001
The Universal ballast? I might get it as well.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: Rapid start ballast for F14T12 fluorescent lamp « Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 08:44:26 PM » Author: joseph_125
I use a Advance HM-1P20-TPC in my F14T12 fixtures, they look pretty funny in the small channel though. Interestingly Advance labelled them as "rapid start".
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies