Author Topic: European members, seeking your assistance  (Read 689 times)
J.D.

View Posts
View Gallery
Electrician for 21 years

European members, seeking your assistance « on: August 17, 2023, 02:24:19 PM » Author: J.D.
Hello my name is Jamie and after a years absence from LG I'm desperately trying to find a picture of a very unusual lantern that I really like but with no luck.
I'm seeking out assistance from any members in Europe as the picture was taken in I believe Germany or one of its nearby neighbors.
I know it wasn't in the UK.
The picture was taken in 2020, or earlier and was located at what I believe was a church/chapel.

It's somewhere difficult to describe but I'll do my best.
At the top of the post was a group of maybe half dozen slender cylinders/tubes that enclosed the lamps and were covered with round, conical tops with very short points.
I sure hope this helps as it's the best way I can think of to describe it.
As for lamps I think it was MV, maybe incandescent.

I really hope some of our European friends could please provide assistance with this.
The lantern was very unique and beautiful and definitely belongs here.

I've been away from LG for a year and just returned a couple of days ago and the first thing on my mind was this Lantern.

Thank you kindly from Jamie
Florida, USA

Fed up with American politics, AKA excuse after excuse...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 05:30:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I definitely remember that lantern, I'll activate my brain cell and see if I can find it...  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

J.D.

View Posts
View Gallery
Electrician for 21 years

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 05:37:38 PM » Author: J.D.
I remember you replied to it on my birthday with a long row of candle icons. 11/11/20 was the date.
I've got to find this picture.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 05:56:16 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've been looking through comments that I made at around that time and can't find it, so whoever posted it must have deleted it, sorry.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

J.D.

View Posts
View Gallery
Electrician for 21 years

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 07:11:34 PM » Author: J.D.
Oh say it isn't true Sammi otherwise LG has lost something truly special.
When I returned all I wanted to see was this lantern again.
I really thought it belonged to member magslight but Ria couldn't find it.
Oh to lose this picture, that's very disappointing for LG as a whole.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 07:24:29 PM » Author: Rommie
Sorry, I did what I could. I don't remember what it looked like, so I wasn't really much help, but Sammi reckoned she did, so if she can't find it  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

J.D.

View Posts
View Gallery
Electrician for 21 years

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #6 on: August 17, 2023, 07:34:54 PM » Author: J.D.
So sad   :( but I appreciate the help from you both. Oh how I wished I had asked the member in question if I could make a copy.
Do you think Patrick could possibly help??

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #7 on: August 17, 2023, 07:38:27 PM » Author: Rommie
No harm in asking.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

J.D.

View Posts
View Gallery
Electrician for 21 years

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 07:43:55 PM » Author: J.D.
As soon as I figure out how to explain it to him

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #9 on: August 17, 2023, 09:51:25 PM » Author: sol
Maybe this is what you’re looking for ?
J.D.

View Posts
View Gallery
Electrician for 21 years

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #10 on: August 17, 2023, 11:12:18 PM » Author: J.D.
No I'm sorry that's not it but the concept is similar except that the "points" weren't quite as tall as the fixture I'm looking for.
I have a feeling that the member who posted it is not very active or has left LG.
But I certainly appreciate you taking the time and effort to help out.

Actually sol you're knowledge is one of the reasons I returned after a years absence.
It was 3-4 nights ago I came on here looking for information on the off topic board for advice.

The topic is "Clocks in my school make a loud motor noise".
I had to scroll through 22 pages to luckily find it.
And it was there sol where you explained exactly how a synchronized clock system works and you were right on target.
Your knowledge and help is very much appreciated.

So along with that and 4 good pictures on the latest comments I decided to return.

Again thank you sol.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: European members, seeking your assistance « Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 07:37:17 AM » Author: sol
Glad I could help, even if it wasn’t for this topic.  :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies