Author Topic: Non-PCB full power high power factor F40T12 rapid start ballasts  (Read 630 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Non-PCB full power high power factor F40T12 rapid start ballasts « on: August 21, 2023, 03:14:41 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I am looking for good quality ballasts that will run my F40s at (or very close to) full power. I don't want anything to do with PCB's, so it would have to be a ballast made after the PCB ban. I hear the Universal Therm-O-Matic ballasts are pretty good, but I am having a hard time finding PCB-free ones.

Can anybody recommend a specific make and model of ballast that I can easily find on eBay and can be obtained for a reasonable price?  :ballastfl:
(BTW I noticed the ballast emoji is actually a Universal Therm-O-Matic!)

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Non-PCB full power high power factor F40T12 rapid start ballasts « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 06:01:36 PM » Author: Patrick
If you don't mind used, I have plenty that I'm willing to sell for the price of shipping.

Advance RQM-2S40-3 2xF40T12
Advance R-2S40-1-TP 2xF40T12
Universal 412-L-SLH-TC-P 1xF40T12

I also have a couple MagneTek 446-L-SLH-TC-P ballasts I could part with.  The Advance Mark IIIs and MagneTek/Universal SLH ballasts aren't quite full power of course, but they're pretty close.  A couple of my Advance ballasts are 0.8A if you prefer that, though I can't tell the difference.  Sometimes due to capacitor variations, especially with used ballasts, the full power units aren't always brighter in practice.  For the energy savers I think the SLHs tend to operate lamps at slightly higher power than the Mark IIIs, but like I say, it can vary and the difference tends to be negligible.  I can test these ballasts to make sure the caps are good.  Most of them are.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Non-PCB full power high power factor F40T12 rapid start ballasts « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 09:26:36 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I would probably be interested in the RQM-2S40-3, but I don't have an easy way of paying for it (I have the money, but not the payment method).
If I was going to get it, I would probably get it along with some other stuff you have for sale as well.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 09:29:30 PM by HIDLad001 » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies