Author Topic: Finding the correct lens for a 1970s GE m-400 A2 Power-door street lamp  (Read 2170 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Finding the correct lens for a 1970s GE m-400 A2 Power-door street lamp « Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 06:36:54 PM » Author: Burrito
They do use the same lens i think but the 125's door is much slimmer too

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finding the correct lens for a 1970s GE m-400 A2 Power-door street lamp « Reply #16 on: August 23, 2023, 10:28:29 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The vents on the power door, the latch being a thumb latch rather than a hook-bail latch and the presence of the slipfitter bolts sticking out of the top. The photocontrol is also moved back while the A2 has no vents on the power module and there is no bolts on the top and the photocontrol is moved forward.

@ Burrito :  The M400A2 does indeed have vents on the powerdoor ! I have 2 of them (1986 & 1990 )  The A2 also has a street side mounted socket , A latch on the powerdoor along with the holdown screw and the slipfitter is different .  Plus , the late A2's don't have the "body line" on the upper housing that the M-400 has had since the beginning .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Finding the correct lens for a 1970s GE m-400 A2 Power-door street lamp « Reply #17 on: August 23, 2023, 10:37:16 PM » Author: Burrito
Yes, those too

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Finding the correct lens for a 1970s GE m-400 A2 Power-door street lamp « Reply #18 on: September 10, 2023, 10:19:11 AM » Author: BT25
Another street light I got confused with was the AEL-125 and the GE M400R3. I later found out that the difference was simply the latch and the AEL was slimmer. I bet they used the same lens though.

The lenses are indeed interchangeable...the GE version is made by Ande Glass, while the AEL is made by Holophane.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies