Author Topic: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL  (Read 1041 times)
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « on: August 30, 2023, 10:39:39 AM » Author: Maxim
I am looking for stick CFLS, like the Philips Genie. Any and all go; I'm just looking to relive some memories of the house I moved away from, which had MANY of these lamps.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 11:09:13 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
There were some even available for 127V operation in Brazil and a couple Latin American countries, not just 220V-240 for the European market.

Here are some 110V-130V Osram stick CFL lamps for use on Brazil’s 127V domestic voltage supplies even though that country also has 220v supplies for domestic use as well:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-3749816860-kit-10-lmpadas-fluorescente-compacta-15w-865-110v-e27-osram-_JM#is_advertising=true&position=9&search_layout=stack&type=pad&tracking_id=886f7936-adc1-4de4-806b-0eec3a067ccf&is_advertising=true&ad_domain=SEARCHWEBMOBILE_LST&ad_position=9&ad_click_id=MTUyNzZjYmUtMjJkYi00ZmI3LTg3ZWEtN2VjYTdlOTgzZTM5

Here are some 127V Brazilian Philips Genies I found:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1120433895-lampada-fluorescente-compacta-14w-127v-philips-kit-5-pecas-_JM#position=8&search_layout=stack&type=item&tracking_id=fd811559-afb5-42a8-9725-f32c5998f32a

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1277590452-lmpada-eletrnica-philips-18w-110-127v-_JM

I recommend using a forwarding service like shippn.com if you really want to get those lamps shipped to the USA.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 11:19:33 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 04:40:20 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From what I see, these lamps look quite different than Philips Genie lamps and the Osram “stick” type lamls since these are 13W preheat PL CFL adapters.

You could certainly get the PL adapters if you want them, but if you are specifically looking for the European style Osram and Philips stick CFL lamps and have no access to a 240V outlet or a 120V to 240V step up transformer, see about finding a shippn.com host so that you can get those Brazilian 127V lamps shipped to you in the USA via this shippn link:

https://www.shippn.com/en/shop-from/BR

However, you might have to wait for a while since the current Brazilian hosts are currently unavailable. If you want the lamps sooner, you could certainly ask some of our Brazilian LG members to help with shipping to the USA.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 09:11:55 AM » Author: Maxim
Thank you! Though, do you know of any Ikea stick CFLs made by Megaman? We had imported Osrams, Megamans, and Ikea CFLs in my old home mainly, maybe Ikea lamps would be easier to source?

Thanks again!

My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 08:55:10 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does this one suffice?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295476557433

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 09:03:38 PM » Author: Maxim
Just wish it was E26 base, but I guess! Thanks! If you find any more, please let me know.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 09:07:46 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think your best bet might still be to contact one of our Brazilian LG members to help you with importing the linked Brazilian market 110V-127V E27 base lamps to the USA since I can’t find any other stick type CFL lamps that use an E26 base at the moment that are designed for 120V supplies at the moment.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 06:24:33 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Search "Sylvania Dulux EL" on eBay. You're welcome.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: Philips, Osram, or Sylvania "stick" CFL « Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 07:06:21 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Do you think these sunbeam lamps will be good?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155709041303

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies