Author Topic: Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks?  (Read 1032 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks? « on: September 03, 2023, 01:30:44 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since most preheat fluorescent fixtures with starters that I can find on eBay are lighted signs or lighted clocks, I wonder if anyone has a strong appreciation for them or have any such fixtures in their collections.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks? « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 09:02:02 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I have a old beer sign/clock that's preheat somewhere.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks? « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 02:45:41 PM » Author: Richmond2000
when I was young my grand father had a art deco alarm clock that had a pre heat floro light that would flicker to life with the alarm to "make sure" I was awake
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks? « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 08:00:07 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I got an old 7-Up clock from my grandma's (closed for many years) antique shop. It has a preheat florescent lamp.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks? « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 12:51:32 PM » Author: BT25
I'd love to find a Westinghouse lamp sign that's preheat...I know, good luck with that!

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Milwaukeeman2003

View Posts
View Gallery

Series circuit LPS!

Re: Anybody like preheat fluorescent lighted signs and clocks? « Reply #5 on: Today at 12:21:39 PM » Author: Milwaukeeman2003
I believe I have a fluorescent lighted sign in my grandmothers basement.

Screw the 120 lumen per watt mandate.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies