Author Topic: Decorative teardrop fixtures replaced  (Read 667 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Decorative teardrop fixtures replaced « on: September 23, 2023, 06:55:06 PM » Author: Cole D.
I don’t know if I posted on it before, but the historic section of my town had teardrop style HPS reproduction fixtures. The last few years some of these had been spot replaced with cheapo AEL Micro LED cobras and cheap short arms.

Well this week, they replaced all of the remaining HPS teardrop fixtures and AEL Micro LED with new reproduction teardrop LED fixtures! So I’m glad it looks consistent now and they just didn’t install more cheapos.

Sadly I wish I could’ve gotten one of the teardrops. There were some in the ground where they’d been replaced but I didn’t know if they were the new ones to be installed or not and there was too much traffic.

Somebody I know was able to grab 3 of the teardrops and one of the AEL Micros from the crew. :)

Also I saw the new teardrops that night and they have a warmer yellowish color to them, than typical LED streetlights,  which is nice too!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 06:57:20 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Decorative teardrop fixtures replaced « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 01:59:36 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Good to hear! Which town was it?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies