Author Topic: Programmed Start CFL's Available in the U.S.A  (Read 387 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Programmed Start CFL's Available in the U.S.A « on: September 29, 2023, 07:52:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm wondering about 120v 60hz CFL's that are Programmed Start, Resonant Start (if that's what it's called) or any sort of CFL
that has a slight delay before starting up, that I could potentially purchase as replacement lamps for my bathroom... to replace
my two remaining Dulux EL lamps.
Programmed Start is my primary goal... but other types of delayed starting would definitely be interesting to me as well.
The only lamps I'll exclude from this, are the 15w BIAX CFL's, mainly because of their warm up timing. Those ones seem to take forever to warm up.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Programmed Start CFL's Available in the U.S.A « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 01:09:49 AM » Author: Maxim
I, at current, only have one resonant-start CFL made by some little-known, nondescript manufacturer in China. It dates to 2001, but is in 5400K color temperature... it has some end blackening, but most definitely has some life left... I'm currently on the lookout for stick CFLs of a resonant nature.

Also, it might be possible that GTE-made DULUX EL lamps may be resonant start... though I would assume not (as I feel Osram simply took the reins from GTE and manufactured the same exact product for many years to come)...

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies