Author Topic: Fluorescent Streetlights in USA  (Read 1860 times)
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Fluorescent Streetlights in USA « on: June 07, 2010, 03:54:53 PM » Author: nogden
Hello everyone,

I was wondering how many cities in the US still have fluorescent streetlights in use. I posted the picture a while ago of a fluorescent streetlight in L'Anse, Michigan, but I don't know of any other cities that still have fluorescents.

How collectible/valuable are fluorescent roadway fixtures? I am going to visit L'Anse next month and I was wondering if it would be worth my time to try to track down some of the fixtures that were recently removed.

-Nelson
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Fluorescent Streetlights in USA « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:14:14 PM » Author: streetlight98
I don't know of any cities that have Flourecent, but scince flourecent is common otherwise, I don't think it would be worth THAT much, however, I'm not positive..........

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Fluorescent Streetlights in USA « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:23:21 PM » Author: DieselNut
I have never seen fluorescent in use in actual street lighting but they were once fairly popular in parking lot and service station lighting.  The 6 lamp powergroove fixtures I have are that type.  I would say it is worth it to track them down for your collection.  They are obviously rare and will not do anything except get more rare!  I would love to have one for the collection.  A Fluorescent street light would be a great way for me to bust into the streetlight collecting hobby.  lol

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Fluorescent Streetlights in USA « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:11 AM » Author: streetlight98
I have never seen fluorescent in use in actual street lighting but they were once fairly popular in parking lot and service station lighting.  The 6 lamp powergroove fixtures I have are that type.  I would say it is worth it to track them down for your collection.  They are obviously rare and will not do anything except get more rare!  I would love to have one for the collection.  A Fluorescent street light would be a great way for me to bust into the streetlight collecting hobby.  lol

Yeah, I might get a florescent someday, but I mainly aim for HID and Cobraheads.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies