Author Topic: Wanted: F-CAN Electronic ballasts for 70w matal halide lamps  (Read 520 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Wanted: F-CAN Electronic ballasts for 70w matal halide lamps « on: November 13, 2023, 11:09:51 AM » Author: HIDLad001
The magnetic ballast I am using to run CMH lamps that is housed in a metal enclosure is a bit too noisy for my liking and also a little bit inefficient. I have considered using an electronic FCAN style ballast because it can be used as it's own enclosure, and it weighs less than the current magnetic ballast setup I am using.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: F-CAN Electronic ballasts for 70w matal halide lamps « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 12:12:24 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Should this Advance E-Vision ballast work for you?

See here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183579286728

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: F-CAN Electronic ballasts for 70w matal halide lamps « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 03:19:29 PM » Author: High Intensity
If you don't mind buying them from Amazon, then there are these GE 70w ballasts for $22, the only issue with them is that they don't have mounting ears and the wires come out the back: https://www.amazon.com/GE-87546-GEMH70-SLJ-MV-Halide-Ballast/dp/B001T23NBG

There's also this Sylvania ballast from Amazon for $45 that is more akin to a standard FCAN ballast: https://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-51962-QTP1X70MH-Halide-Ballast/dp/B002OMC3A2

Now I will admit that I've had mixed experiences buying lighting stuff from Amazon, but that hasn't been the case for ballasts.
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Wanted: F-CAN Electronic ballasts for 70w matal halide lamps « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 04:32:22 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Thanks! I would need to design an enclosure for it, because no mounting ears is definitely a drawback.
But I guess I can’t complain for $22 because that is much cheaper than the Advance one that WWHIDUSA showed and that Sylvania one.
Do you know if it comes with wires, or can I just use any solid-core ballast wire?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies