Author Topic: FCO glass for many types, or custom cutting?  (Read 445 times)
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
FCO glass for many types, or custom cutting? « on: November 25, 2023, 01:04:44 AM » Author: lights*plus
For various reasons I want to find FCO options for different luminaires. Could I get these from somewhere online, or I have to get a glass store to custom cut?

One reason is that I wish to compare photographically the difference in light distribution between the refractor & flat glass with the same luminaire. Then when I'm done, I'd like to sell the luminaire with both refractor & flat glass.

Some older lights probably never had FCO lens, like:

Westinghouse OV15
Westinghouse OV25
Cooper/Crouse-Hinds OV15
GE M250R
Westnghouse OV-14B (not possible?)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: FCO glass for many types, or custom cutting? « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 10:51:35 AM » Author: joseph_125
Might have to get them custom cut at this point as I'm not sure the parts are still available from the manufacturers. Most of my FCO luminaires used 1/8" thick glass.

Anyway all the "small" luminaires on your list aside from the OV-14B use the same glass footprint so one should fit all.

As for the Westinghouse OV-25, a Cooper OVF flat glass uses the same footprint and should fit.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies