Author Topic: Can Somebody Please Explain This ??  (Read 598 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « on: December 10, 2023, 12:44:09 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There is a section of I-270 on the north side of Columbus which had it's single fixture highmast poles converted to LED . For some reason , there's 2 different fixtures used . The two styles alternate with each other as you go down the road . They can be seen on the latest date of streetview  :  https://maps.app.goo.gl/sPgdpeuRLR2Loevh7   One style is Holophane HMAO . I have no idea what the other is . 

I wonder what the reasoning was ??

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 02:04:38 AM » Author: Richmond2000
I have heard that the Holophane high masts are having a LOT of issues with supply along with the rest of the "evolve" family and to the point that MB hydro has started using the "GE scalable" series AS HIGH MASTS
BUT at the same time MB Hydro is using the GE high mast AS "cobra heads" also
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Aufor8baxXP5dXG57 2 "scalables" on a high mast
https://maps.app.goo.gl/T7x8rwyHAZyFj3Yv9 a street with "GE HMST as "cobra heads"
the Holophane was the "go to" high mast in our area and the failure rate is high enough that they have all but stopped replacing the HID HMST / cobra's used on the masts
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 02:28:07 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I just don't understand the reason for alternating the 2 styles . Either use one , or the other !

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 01:33:03 PM » Author: BT25
Tim, I've seen this done before, and it's most likely due to the distribution pattern of said luminaires.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 05:56:38 PM » Author: Richmond2000
IF I had to guess I would say they don't have enough of the "preferred" lights and are mixing them together VS one side one brand and other OR a few KMS one brand then switch to the other maybe the line men decided on the RUN to alternate?
also maybe they are alternating as they DONT TRUST the second brand / want to TEST it while having "backup" known good lighting
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 07:31:09 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 These have been this way for 2 years now ! They are situated down the center divider of the highway .  Plus , they've installed tons of the HMAO's around town both before and since then . As for distribution , I haven't seen these at night but that does make sense .

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 10:08:55 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
The other is the GE Evolve ERHM.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Somebody Please Explain This ?? « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 05:00:28 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I was thinking they were GE .

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies