Author Topic: Why was the P21 base chosen as the global standard for fluorescent starters?  (Read 267 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why was the P21 base chosen as the global standard for fluorescent starters? « on: December 15, 2023, 03:16:09 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since most fluorescent starters used today in almost every country in the world use the 2 pin twist lock P21 base, I have been wondering why the 2 pin twist lock P21 base was chosen as the global standard for fluorescent starters rather than other bases like E26, E27, B22, or something else.

Oddly enough, I was only able to find out that standard fluorescent starters had the P21 base whenever I looked at specification sheets for Japanese fluorescent starters that had the same standard 2 pin twist lock base used on almost every fluorescent starter in the world.

Here is a Japanese fluorescent starter specification sheet that specifically mentions the P21 base on global standard fluorescent starters:

https://elpadirect.com/smartphone/detail.html?id=000000003775

Feel free to write any info on why that fluorescent starter base was chosen as the global standard for fluorescent starters in general.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies