Author Topic: LPS Lamp Wattage Problem  (Read 688 times)
axel_chai

View Posts
View Gallery

I love preheat fluorescent lights!

UCcVMP3Be8pEcXncd1Upal2A
LPS Lamp Wattage Problem « on: December 21, 2023, 07:57:49 AM » Author: axel_chai
So, I was searching for video that has LPS streetlight in my country Indonesia. I guessed that in the 1990s, Jakarta, Indonesia's capital had LPS streetlights. I found a video that was recorder on 1995 by a person and I see so many LPS streetlights there. I was surprised to see that because LPS streetlights are rare now. But my question is, what wattage did they use? Here's the link to the YouTube video : https://youtube.com/watch?v=uTWF-Jb-9e8&si=S5irCsxMZjSFjxaS. And if I can know, what is the general wattage for LPS streetlight?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 08:37:14 AM by axel_chai » Logged

I love old lamps! I will try collecting a lot of older lamps, especially LPS and fluorescent! And I will not do weird experiments because I'm not an expert!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LPS Lamp Wattage Problem « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 02:15:23 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Often times, SOX low pressure sodium street lanterns use a wide range of lamp wattages ranging from 35W for residential streets, 55W and 90W for minor roads, 135W for major roads, and 180W for multi lane highways.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: LPS Lamp Wattage Problem « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 08:21:39 AM » Author: Rommie
Plus 18W (and the very rare 10W) for security lighting  :lps:

Not to mention the SOX-E range of 26W, 36W, 66W, 91W and 131W  :goldfinger:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LPS Lamp Wattage Problem « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 07:48:23 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Judging by what’s in the video, it seems likely that the lanterns used 135W or 180W SOX low pressure sodium lamps or the 91W or 131W SOX-E low pressure sodium lamps.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: LPS Lamp Wattage Problem « Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 03:26:29 AM » Author: Richmond2000
I want to say 90 watt SOX MAYBE 135 but to my eye they look to short for 135s
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies