Author Topic: My new exit signs  (Read 404 times)
N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

UCo_R9kHfa7voRrydT2NJYnw tomloveslighting
My new exit signs « on: December 22, 2023, 04:08:15 PM » Author: N3210
Yesterday, I got a Prescolite Thin-Line from my school. They took it down right when I saw it and I asked to take it, maintenance said why not. Right after, I dismantled it and just this morning I reassembled it.
A few hours after, I went to my school dumpster to find "Chloride LAC" exit signs, I took two and those are in my collection. When I opened them, I discovered they were LED and made by Exide Lightguard...
Today I took three more of those.
My "LAC"s... I don't know how I'd wire those.
The canopies have a transformer with an input to a white/black/blue/green wire (has a plug, i have the other end I assume that goes to line voltage), while there is another pair of white and black wires coming straight out the transformer, in some end of sorts.
There's also three red wires coming from the transformer, and these smaller wires coming from the switch and the yellow wires coming to the LED unit (apparently taped onto the lens  @-@ )
Any help on how to connect these LACs and get them working again would be greatly appreciated.

Lighting enthusiast from San Francisco.

I upload plenty to here, YouTube, and Instagram

!! If I am quiet here, check either my Instagram or my YouTube !!

N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

Re: My new exit signs « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 04:09:13 PM » Author: N3210
LAC's wiring

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: My new exit signs « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 05:35:48 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Looks like they may have had a battery backup inside ??? Could it be possible to bypass the transformer and run the LEDs with a separate driver?

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

Re: My new exit signs « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 09:08:28 AM » Author: N3210
They use electroluminescent panel. I've kinda gone asking around and my current results are a bit inconclusive...

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: My new exit signs « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 10:33:15 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
It seems that new EL lights use low voltage DC. Bigger and older ones may use more.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies