Author Topic: Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain  (Read 515 times)
AlexisGnt

View Posts
View Gallery

Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain « on: January 30, 2024, 11:50:31 AM » Author: AlexisGnt
Hello everybody:) searching in internet, I found an old postcard from the 70's showing a Spanish motorway near Barcelona lighted by a unknown lantern for LPS lamps, I never managed to find neither the model nor maker until now. Trying to seek more I found theses two photos in online news articles about motorways and Barcelona. If someone could identify the model, I would be grateful; ;)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 03:59:06 AM » Author: Michael
Some of these postcards are quite recent from around 2000 when looking the modern cars and illuminated signs. There are three brands in my mind: Carandini, BJC or Schreder Socelec.
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 03:37:25 PM » Author: Maxim
Carandini, Simon, and Philips are pretty major players in the Catalunya Province of Spain.

On my recent trip, I saw MANY lamps manufactured by Carandini and Philips alike. I may have taken photos of similar-looking SOX luminaires. I will dig through the gallery and let you know if I find anything.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 04:47:00 PM » Author: Michael
I’ve been twice in Barcelona and quite many times in Catalunya but haven’t managed to see any of these lanterns. I remember that there were some Schréder Socelec RX on the Barcelona’s surrounding Motorways. 
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 05:06:25 PM » Author: Maxim
Hyperlink, a (former?) member may have photos of these on his gallery as he is from France himself. I will check.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unknow SOX/LPS lantern in Spain « Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 06:32:19 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
Wow these are very nice pictures of LPS street lights! It's nice to still see them in use after so many years :bulbman:.

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies