Author Topic: In North America, why were F32T8 U bend tubes never made in the U3 form?  (Read 131 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
In North America, why were F32T8 U bend tubes never made in the U3 form? « on: February 27, 2024, 03:43:22 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that North American F40T12 U bend tubes were both made with 6 inch and 3 inch leg spacings being known as U6 and U3 to denote their respective leg spacings, I have known that there were F32T8 U bend tubes that were meant to replace the F40T12/U6 U bend tubes and NOT the F40T12/U3 U bend tubes. However, the F40T12/U3 U bend tubes were instead replaced with F31T8 U bend tubes with an even smaller 1.625 inch leg spacing instead.

I would really like to know why North America never opted to design a F32T8 U bend tube with a 3 inch leg spacing to replace the F40T12/U3 U bend tubes and instead opted to design the 1.625 inch leg spacing F31T8 U bend tubes, which would require a completely different fixture than the F40T12/U3 tubes.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies