Author Topic: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps  (Read 1255 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « on: March 02, 2024, 02:04:51 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Not too many of these fixtures and lamps around:

https://youtu.be/63Zmt8IaBEQ?si=N0xaCG61vAy6IqrB

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 02:46:30 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I like how they used two circlarc tubes instead of a circline tube ( :circarcfl:+ :circarcfl:= :circ:). I am still curious why they decided to do so.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 02:48:46 AM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 02:48:38 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
This was an early attempt to make a round fluorescent fixture where the lamps are semicircle lamps rather than fully round fluorescent lamps like circline fluorescent tubes. These lamps were only produced for a very short time.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 02:51:58 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
If this has two ballasts, it would be better than a single circline. You could turn one off ,use different colours (if the idea of these lasted long enough to make different types), or if one was EOL, the other would still work. I am not sure about the availability of these tubes, even at that time.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 10:25:32 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
As far as I understand, these early fluorescent fixtures typically used 2 ballasts.

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 05:46:11 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
Not too many of these fixtures and lamps around:

https://youtu.be/63Zmt8IaBEQ?si=N0xaCG61vAy6IqrB
Are these semi circle tubes?

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 05:46:59 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
These are lamps that are shaped like 180 degree arcs.

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #7 on: March 09, 2024, 12:58:10 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Wow well that's interesting! I've never seen such thing before. :o Looks so cool though! :bulbman:

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 04:25:05 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
How do the sockets work? Are they some sort of press fit thing or do the tubes just sit in them?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Working fixture with Westinghouse circlarc lamps « Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 02:06:54 PM » Author: Richmond2000
saw a single circarc "TV console" light had a glass shade and one circarc lamp pins down behind the shade
found it MANY years ago at a charity shop did NOT buy it
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies