Author Topic: UN Intelligence !!  (Read 1245 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

UN Intelligence !! « on: March 03, 2024, 11:05:23 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 ::) Is it me , or has the intelligence levels of people dropped significantly ??  ::) Today I went out to get breakfast . I ordered a chicken biscuit . I got a biscuit with NO CHICKEN !!!  The girl behind the counter looked genuinely confused when I brought it back ! Not too long ago I ordered a fish sandwich with cheese only (I hate tartar sauce ) I got back to work to discover I got a bun with a slice of cheese on it !  :poof: We have people around here who slow down when going thru GREEN LIGHTS , people who SIGNAL left and right when going thru roundabouts , people who STOP when entering empty roundabouts .  I just don't get it !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 11:24:13 AM » Author: rjluna2
I think our intelligence gone down since they are glued to iPhone :-\

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 11:34:29 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well you did ask for cheese only...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 01:28:52 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I asked for a FISH sandwich with cheese only and got a bun with a slice of cheese .  I now ask for a fish sandwich with NO tartar sauce .  Years ago , my dad asked for a plain hamburger and got a piece of meat wrapped in paper !

My other favorite bit of driving stupidity is the drivers who veer 1/2 a lane to the left to turn right or vice versa ! I can understand if you're towing a long trailer or in some form of large vehicle but why do it if your in something like a Prius or Mini , etc .

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 02:39:36 PM » Author: AngryHorse
No, definitely not just you, take a look at the ilk that runs our country today is all the proof I need!  :DeAtH:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 03:30:39 PM » Author: Laurens
It's all just the race to the bottom. Every shop/company needs to compete with dozens of others, and therefore has to hire the cheapest workers - because by now, people in general have discovered that even if you pay extra, that you don't necessarily get better services or products, so why pay more. Many food delivery services come from the exact same dark kitchen. They may have price differentiation, but in the end, the same people make the food.

It goes without saying that such policies have a giant influence on service quality. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. No one in their right mind will stand the abuse of customers in a customer-facing job for barely or below a living wage, so you get the people who literally *aren't' in their right mind - or treat it as a disposable job for as little time as possible before getting away to a better job. Worker turnover wrecks quality too.

It's not so much intelligence at large - but a direct consequence of what people thought was a good way to run businesses.
Also the 'Number go up' kind of thinking when it comes to shareholder value, absolutely does not correlate with usability value, leading to mediocre products and services - because shareholder value is the end goal, not happy customers and consumers. Just look at how bloody awful Windows 11 has gotten compared to Win 7 or 10, the bad degradation of Google search results, the deluge of advertisements on youtube...

There is a word for this: enshittification
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshittification
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 03:41:19 PM by Laurens » Logged
CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

Say no to generic EXIT signs

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 02:29:26 PM » Author: CoolBeans
I would argue that it is not a lack of intelligence but severely shortened attention spans.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 02:57:46 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Usually pay and appreciation of profession has some relation to work motivation.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 09:41:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
I noticed it too, a general race to the bottom mentality and the decline in customer service and amenities over the years both from the owners and from the employees. Also looking at the places where they closed the fitting rooms and washrooms "temporarily" for the past 4 years now.  ::)

Another thing I noticed is the general sloppiness of drivers now, stuff like turning in front of traffic, cutting across multiple lanes to make in into a plaza/highway exit, forcing your way in and slamming on the brakes to turn into a plaza, drifting in and out of lanes.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 09:46:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I think the biggest problem with drivers lately is that driver's ed. doesn't teach correctly anymore !   

I was behind another car today that stopped before entering the empty roundabout and signaled with each change of direction while in the roundabout !

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #10 on: March 04, 2024, 09:55:36 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yup! In my area, in order to clear the backlog of driving test bookings, they decided to simplify the second road test (we have two road tests in Ontario) to eliminate the parallel parking, roadside emergency stop, and three-point turn component of the road test.  ::)

Just the other day someone U-turned in front of me, slammed on the brakes, and then proceeded to cut across 3 lanes of traffic to turn into a mall.  ::) :curse: Must have gotten his license from a cracker jack box.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #11 on: March 04, 2024, 10:02:21 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Brilliant !

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 07:26:36 AM » Author: rjluna2
Must have gotten his license from a cracker jack box.
:lol:

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 01:30:35 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
People don't know how bad it is here :(.

If an ambulance is going through, bikes and rickshaws will tailgate it forever.
If there is a slow vehicle, they think it is best to drive it in the middle of the road and block all traffic.
People also seem to take ages understanding that the light is green and they can move.
People also leave their cows and buffaloes in the middle of the road without a leash.
Bikes will squeeze into any spot they find in between cars and this causes damages and more traffic.
Rickshaws are the most annoying. A rickshaw is big but has a tiny engine. Similarly, their drivers have a huge ego but a tiny brain.

All of this makes India have the city with most traffic in the world.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: UN Intelligence !! « Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 03:58:29 PM » Author: rjluna2
Indeed, LightsAreBright27 :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Road_Truckers#Season_one:_Himalayas

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies